Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kitz! Up for this?

Luzern
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Kitz! Up for this?

Has any one watched the BBC 2 documentary Big cats about the house, featuring a jaguar cub taken on at 5 days?

I found it fascinating, though a bit long, that someone had such a passion, the house was given over to that baby.

Then there was the cheetah cub, the largest cat that purrs.

Would anyone here take on such a task?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Kitz! Up for this?

@Luzern wrote: ... cab ...

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 18

@Luzern wrote:

Would anyone here take on such a task?

Not me..... but.... I am sure that the BBC has now given  drug dealers and othere criminals an idea on what to spend their ill-gotten gains..... and there will be a quite a few Staffies ( and pit bull terriers, etc, ) for sale, or just dumped....

Programmes like this, that "glamourise" such extreme behaviours only encourage and fuel the state of minds of those who "rebel" against the "norm" of society.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

So what happens when they grow and get out of hand, from pet to prisoner?

Just wait until those felines start scratching the sofa - rather their house than mine! Smiley

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran

It's the territory marking around the home that would bother me the most. Ordinary cats stink enough so I imagine big cats stink just that bit more.

Luzern
Seasoned Pro

Seems I need make clear that eventually the cubs went to a sanctuary to live as near a normal life as possible.

Maybe before a member of the family got head bitten off literally or metaphorically!Undecided

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Seasoned Pro

@AlaricAdair Your joke has been duly neutralised. Kindly delete your inconsequential post!Tongue

Luzern
Seasoned Pro

I am losing it. The thread was for another forum.EmbarrassedRoll eyesShocked

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

But I am unable to agree with your opinion (In that you are losing it..) otherwise to agree would be insulting you which I have no wish to do.

SmileySmiley,

Luzern
Seasoned Pro

@gleneagles I'm sure that some will say you're strange for that: most would love the opportunity to insult me!Funny

DaveyH
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

@Luzern wrote:

Seems I need make clear that eventually the cubs went to a sanctuary to live as near a normal life as possible.

It won't stop the commentards that have become so prevalent of late sharing their opinions in total ignorance of the situation unfortunately.

Incidentally, the Cheetah cub being much older was.housed in the lodge on the sanctuary grounds, it didn't live in the family home and the only reason the Jaguar did was because she was so young and required hand rearing/around the clock care...