Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kings of Leon Concert at O2

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Kings of Leon Concert at O2

not reported much
their tour buses, two of them cout fire on the unloading bay at 08:18 this morning, the sell out concert tonight was cancelled

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12050158    http://itn.co.uk/af414e5bb1d9079953d6acb0b9eb34ab.html
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Kings of Leon Concert at O2

I'm just curious why the loss of 2 tour buses (which were present at the venue therefore presumably safely delivered the people inside the tour buses) with no injuries to people means a concert that some people will have been travelling to for many hours gets cancelled at the last minute.
Man, if I'd battled my way from say York to London only to find the concert cancelled pretty much as I arrived at the arena I'd be spitting teeth.
Fixes: 47

For a moment I thought you were going to give us a first hand concert report Pierré Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 105

lol, now that I would like see PP @ KoL
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Much as you know I hate a conspiracy theory, both tour buses caught fire at the same time!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not my scene, my grandaughter likes JLS, mum not sure, been badgered to go to their concert tonight at Wembly, she heard about it and for a minute thought it was her concert, wouldnt get me closer them 50 miles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: fourfourdevon
I'm just curious why the loss of 2 tour buses (which were present at the venue therefore presumably safely delivered the people inside the tour buses) with no injuries to people means a concert that some people will have been travelling to for many hours gets cancelled at the last minute.

I'd guess the arena was evacuated and that no setting up could be done.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Indeed, that is what the O2 have pretty much said.  Still doesn't make sense to me as to why it was cancelled so late in the day, the fire happened in the morning, it was early evening before they cancelled.  Heck the cancellation was so late I would expect many Londoners even to have set off.