Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

King, Queen...... or both.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

King, Queen...... or both.

Reading earlier about the Queen giving permission for young Harry to marry Meghan (cannot wait to miss the ceremony) - I never realised that even with the Succession to the Crown Act 2013 a Roman Catholic still cannot become King, Queen, or given the way things are going, both.

Presumably this also applies to any faith other than the Church of England, even Muslims.

I'm surprised the liberal left are not up in arms about this...... not that I'm bothered either way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44097434

Also in the news earlier, son of a joiner and ex Council house tenant, reads the headline is now Britain's richest man. Blimey and how dare he, don't these people know their place? Wink

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
2 REPLIES
Champnet
Aspiring Pro

Re: King, Queen...... or both.

I think you'll find the King or Queen automatically becomes the Head of the Church of England therefore creating a conflict of interests. My Dad was a Catholic and his war time Bride to be was not. My Dad's Mother told her to either change her religion or give up her son. He was granted leave and they were married on a 48hr pass in 1942. They never met again until the end of the war in 1947. Tough times..........

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Re: King, Queen...... or both.

That was often the way with 'mixed' marriages, and more often than not it was the Catholic side that got to call the shots. Saw it happen in my own family, and my own marriage forty years ago.

Did it piddle me off? Oh yes.

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.