cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kick them out!

thisoldman
Grafter

Kick them out!

It absolutely galls me to see posters in here criticising PN when they are not PN members. Even worse is those cads/lunatics who defect elsewhere then come in here posting their new fast speeds from talk talk sky etc.

On the PN home page it says members area. Lets keep posting to members only. Its bad enough the silly criticism some PN members post without us having to read the tatntrums of non members.
39 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Kick them out!

A rule like that could exclude some valuable contributors.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: thisoldman
Even worse is those cads/lunatics who defect elsewhere then come in here posting their new fast speeds from talk talk sky etc.

Hmm, you sound like you're on the side of censorship; what's wrong with accurate market information?
And as a so-called cad/lunatic who has moved to LLU as it's the only way I'll get ADSL2+ while I need it, I take exception to that label.  Angry
thisoldman
Grafter

and i take exception to having other isp's speeds flung in my face . I can r3ead and am aware of other isp speeds without being reminded in here
James
Grafter

I personally have no objection to having former customers feeding back into these forums.
I find the input of those, such as HPSauce to be constructive and certainly not warranting to any censoring that you seem to be requesting.
scootie
Grafter

i criticize and praise PN, if i was locked out the forum then i wouldn't of been able to discuss  with a head network guy at PN about returning to PN on a new line install.
i like seeing what experience people get when they move isp as it gives you a good idea how there new isp stands against PN on CS and speeds
swings and roundabouts and i get off the roundabout at the stop where non member's can post and add to the knowledge pool of this forum
thisoldman
Grafter

well jamesh did you enjoy reading under broadband the fool who came in here stating categorically that the PN had a policy of  mistreating customers being rude etc etc. That post was absolute bile and we surely can do without people posting lies about PN.
scootie
Grafter

yes but do we allow one or 2 non members that act that way to cancel a huge pool of knowledge from non members who behave them selfs.
the mods are here and will and do sort those that need sorting, members and non members
Community Veteran

Quote from: Asbo
i criticize and praise PN

A lot of the stuff I comment on is actually down to BT.  Sad
As an aside I see PN to some extent (and outfits like AAISP maybe more so) as "enlightened" ISP's who just "may" enable BT to adopt a more sensible way of operating their broadband networks - and I'm not just talking about DLM.
Though given that PN are wholly-owned by BT group I suspect (and I'm sure "the management" will deny) that they feel pressure to "toe the party line".  Lips are sealed
(even if it's just looking at their career prospects  Crazy )
thisoldman
Grafter

ok asbo can we politely beg to differ.
The sky and talktalk forums are full of complaints from their members.      I still fail to see why we should allow ex members to return here boasting and rubbing our faces.
It does say on Pn front page members area.
Also think of the mentality of people who return here to show off. If i was unhappy with PN id leave full stop.
scootie
Grafter

A lot of the stuff I comment on is actually down to BT.  

agree with you there, PN are great at helping you deal with BTw the best they can, where the post office are very annoying when i know there is process for dealing with BTw due to being with PN and the post office cs 100% lie to me makes me hot under the collar. least PN will tell you the in's and out's of why BTw are playing daft ect
there you go an ex customer and one praise for PN. is a praise form a ex customer worth more than a praise from a existing customer that has not been with any other isp?
ok asbo can we politely beg to differ

agreed  Smiley
Community Veteran

I'm not here to show off, nor am I unhappy with PN; they just CAN'T provide the service I need at present.
However, I stay for 4 main reasons (and I am a member as well, dial-up only admittedly):
1. General interest and access to the thoughts of a "better" ISP and it's customers. I try to contribute positively at least as much as I get in return.
2. In future I may come back and want to "keep abreast of developments" at PN
3. I have PN referrals who are less technical than me and can thus assist them
4. My business has several clients (NOT referrals) who are PN customers, being here helps all 3 parties - me, them and PN
As for negative contributions from ex-customers, every forum has "rants and raves". This place is very tame - you should have been a Tiscali customer a while back (as I was before PN). Awful stories of terrible service and the staff just used to censor anything that appeared in the slightest bit critical.  Shocked
thisoldman
Grafter

"the mods are here and will sort things out"

Absolute nonsense. Did any mod or PN  digital care person correct /comment on the bile/vituperative post by  135kbshell under broadband.
How can people be allowed to post and defame Pn like that?
That particular post was a tissue of lies. God knows what outsiders must have thought of PN.
James
Grafter

I posted on that thread.
matt_2k34
Grafter

God knows what outsiders must have thought of PN.

Doesnt really matter.
If you read my last post, you'll see im not too impressed with PN currently. Nor their "Customer Service".
Would i leave? no. Why?
been with PN for several years, 2003 IIRC. a few customer service problems are nothing in comparison to what they have done before (moved customers to LLU (Tascali's too!! - if it was under Be* id of been happy as a pig in poop i feel) without consent, refused to migrate back immediately etc. etc.)
Generally, they give good service. i have an exception to them pointing at BT as the fall-guy tho, for them failing to update customers of what is happening, and making the customers chase THEIR CS.
Censorship in any sense should be a no-no. Personally its good that non-members can post here, im quite happy to support a (mainly) uk based ISP, where i know i can pick up the phone and talk to someone 60 miles away.
As to the mods, they take quite a "stand off"-ish approach, personally i'd like to see the forum rules policed a little more proactively, but im a stickler for keeping the rules tight on forums (probably comes from administrating a few)