cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Tory MPs backed call to dismantle NHS

Community Veteran

"David Cameron was facing a battle to restore party unity behind his health policy last night after it emerged that several of his key shadow cabinet members put their names to a manifesto criticising the NHS and calling for it in effect to be dismantled."
This won't go well with the electorate I would have thought, no wonder Cameron has distanced himeself from it
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Key Tory MPs backed call to dismantle NHS

Michael Gove denied this on Andrew Marr this morning.  Did you not see it?
Community Veteran

No - listening to the prom
But they always denie these stories don't they .
And
Second MEP defies Cameron with NHS attack
pierre_pierre
Grafter

sleeping
N/A

Have no knowledge of the above, but would imagine that these renegade MPs can see the writing on the wall.
The NHS has become GHS i.e. global health service. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can come and avail themselves of its services and no questions asked.
I had the strangest conversation with someone whose wife works in plastic surgery and has recently left the NHS. Why? Because she was fed up of seeing people take advantage of it with no rights.
On one theatre list there was 9 patients - all of them from other countries who had come in for treatment whilst visiting relatives.
With increased demands like this, added to the cost of translation services, increased population growth and advanced medical procedures, it is a miracle that it is still open for business at all.
barky
Grafter

If anything the NHS is slightly underused here - heaviest demand is from climbers on the hills breaking bones & the like
The issues poppy mentions seem a bit exaggerated, well for me they do - perhaps a london centric viewpoint - not sure?
The privileged etonian tory types would all use private medical care & many could even see the NHS as a pointless waste of money that they never use & through snobbery can't imagine why anyone else would. (just like the tory MEP's)
of course, NHS management does need a big overhaul