cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Warm Keep Well

Fixes: 47

Keep Warm Keep Well

Our wonderful HM Government have sent me a letter this morning informing me that I qualify for £120 worth of help with my electricity costs under a Warm Home Discount Scheme.
Curiously enough an E.ON rep called at my door the other day and stated that they could offer me an 'end of year' discount of £120 on top of my dual fuel discount and online discount if I switched to them implying that it was not available with my current supplier.
More information on the scheme can be found at http://direct.gov.uk/warmhome
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
15 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Keep Warm Keep Well

That's interesting as I was wondering when those letters were going out as scheme was initially announced on 4th April 2011.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Oh Dear.... missed out on that one.... just moved home..... and my new home is supplied via the landlord.... who gets the elec at a bulk price, so we get it cheaper than "normal".... and he is not one of the "listed" suppliers.  Cry
MrT
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
my new home is supplied via the landlord.... who gets the elec at a bulk price, so we get it cheaper than "normal"

And who gets your Winter Fuel Payment. I'm guessing from your photo that you're a similar age to me!
itsme
Grafter

Are you referring to the Robert Newton photo?
Ellis
Grafter

I miss out as usual, just above qualifying limit means you're worse of than those with all the benefits.
jmd
Grafter

Same here Ellis! 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

what are Benifits Crazy
Community Veteran

Quote from: MrT
And who gets your Winter Fuel Payment. I'm guessing from your photo that you're a similar age to me!

@MrT, just so you know,
Shutter's avatar (photo) is actually the actor Robert Newton posing as Long John Silver, a role he played in the the film Treasure Island.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: MrT
And who gets your Winter Fuel Payment.
WFP is paid direct to people and not landlords.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yup... Long John Silver gets the WFP !...
Robert Newton was my childhood hero as LJS... !... and I have had the good fortune to live in his house in Blackboys (sussex) for a couple of years.
There is a story, that he used to go to the local pub "The Blackboy" on his horse and cart,..... get tanked up, do his stint on the set then go back to The Blackboy", with all his other famous film star mates, and continue getting tanked up.... one night, they put him on his cart, smacked the pony, and sent him home.... unfortunately, his horse stumbled as he was going across the Mill Pond leat bridge, and tipped him in the leat... where he was found next morning.... deceased.
Community Veteran

A interesting story Shutter.  Thank you. Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Every time I see shutters avatar I think of Cadbury's Old Jamaica and " Don’t ’ee knock it all back at once!"  Grin
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
pierre_pierre
Grafter

His film career was cut short by chronic alcoholism, which led to his death from a heart attack in Beverly Hills, California in 1956 at the age of 50. Newton married four times and had three children: Sally Newton (b. 1930), Nicholas Newton (b. 1950) and Kim Newton (b. 1953). After some court battles, Newton's elder son was placed in the custody of his aunt and uncle.
MrT
Grafter

Quote from: Oddball
Shutter's avatar (photo) is actually the actor Robert Newton posing as Long John Silver, a role he played in the the film Treasure Island.

Just goes to show, "you can't tell a book by the cover".  Roll eyes