cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kaspersky

MightyMouse
Grafter

Kaspersky

On the 14/1/14  I had a renewal notification from Kaspersky saying that my anti –virus  protection  for 2 years would automatically be up dated on 13/2/14  and my credit or debit card ending in Huh? will be charged £34.99 (including VAT and being  an existing customer  could enjoy up to 25% discount.
This morning  I had notification by e-mail that it had been  updated and my credit card had been charged £69.99. Obviously, I was not happy.
I found their telephone number and phoned them. I informed the person as to what had happened & told him that I would never have agreed to £69.99 as I could get it cheaper from  Curry’s.
He said that he had no idea what the prices are and gave me a technical support number( I find it very surprising that he didn’t know the prices)
I phoned technical support  & all I got was a recorded message telling me to go to a website
I have since e-mailed them and told them that I wish my order to be cancelled & my money returned.
I assume by law that they have to do this or honour   the original quote .
It seems that the technical dept is not open week-ends and I have only 5 days protection left.
I might have to install the AVG free product until it is sorted

14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Kaspersky

You mean that you actually gave them your credit card with auto renewal permission
Fixes: 124

If you've not had a reply by the end of today I would contact the card issuer and request a chargeback citing the contents of the email.
Hope you get it sorted.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MightyMouse
Grafter

I wasn't aware that I had given them permission for automatic renewal. I wouldn't have done so knowingly .
I forgot to add that since speaking to Kapersky but before asking for a refund  I got the following e-mail from them.
The way in which it is worded tends to make me think that I am not the only person that has had this trouble

P.s On principal I think that  I will go with another company . does anybody have any recommendations ?

Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Lab.
The following request has been sent to technical support
ID INC000004137365,
Customer received a e-mail stating that the charge for the renew would be price A and got debit price B.
Please note: Kaspersky Lab Technical Support is closed on weekends and Bank Holidays. We will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
This email is generated automatically, please do not reply to this message and wait for further instructions from the technical team.
Best regards,
Technical Assistance Kaspersky Lab
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Avast! may be a favourite word of seaborne criminals, but it's Kaspersky who are the pirates it seems... Grin
https://www.avast.com/en-gb/index
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I`ve been using AVAST for years.... !..  Cheesy
Kremmen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Never buy AV direct from the vendors via CC as there is usually small print that states that you give permission for them to keep you up to date. Norton have just the same ploy and probably others. Aĺways get a boxed copy from Amazon or the high street.
One thing to note is that Norton no longer produce CD's so the box you buy is a serial number and you need to download the software. I've read quite a few recent tales of woe where people have downloaded rogue software as they presumably haven't gone to the right site.
Let's be careful out there !
MightyMouse
Grafter

Well surprise surprise !!
I think that  I can declare victory, it does pay to complain when you know you are in the right, see below:-
Thank you for contacting the Kaspersky Lab online store.
We understand that you were offered £34.99 (including VAT) for the
renewal of your subscription.
We show that your subscription to Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 - 1
License (2 Years) has been automatically renewed last 2/13/15 under the
order number 14437147000 in the amount of £69.99. You were charged due
to the automatic renewal of your Kaspersky Lab software, which was set
up at the time of your original purchase.
We want to inform you that we will be honoring the price of £34.99
(including VAT) for the renewal of your subscription and we can process
a refund for the difference.
Please let us know if you would like to continue to process a full
refund on your renewal order or if you want to us to process a refund
for the difference and you will continue to use the program.
Kremmen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Good
Stage 2 is to get them to forget your CC No or remove the auto subscription or guess what will happen this time next year. I wonder if yiur CC provider can out a block on it to be doubly safe?
Let's be careful out there !
MightyMouse
Grafter

Well, luckily, as my credit card is up for renewal next month  they won't be able to charge me next time.
Fixes: 47

I checked my Kaspersky account because I purchased a copy from them recently as the cheaper option at the time.
Hopefully this would prevent an automatic renewal.
A bank card is not linked to your Kaspersky Account. To finalize purchases in eStore, please link a bank card to your Kaspersky Account.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Just goes to show , as i have said before there is no difference between AV company's and Hackers they all just after your Cash  Embarrassed
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Why not use McAfee provided by Plusnet?  Wink
It detected a trojan on my computer and dealt with it straight away!
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran

I used a paid for version of McAfee until a few years ago when it deleted a critical Windows XP system file, after recovering my system (not to mention several others for friends & colleagues) I removed it and tried AVG (free), been happy with that ever since.
I still have it on my son's PC because the parental controls form a small part of the necessary defence for (or is that against?) a teenage boy.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MightyMouse
Grafter

I tried McAfee  a few years back, it appeared to be not compatible with Microsoft  Office
I kept getting disonnected. So, I deleted it and no more trouble.