cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just when you thought there was more than enough to watch on the box...

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Just when you thought there was more than enough to watch on the box...

Just when you thought there was more than enough to watch on the box, along comes the media version of Brexit and it's called BritBox - but will this joint venture to challenge Amazon and Netflix it take off, and will it see the end of BBCiplayer and the ITV Hub or even better, the end of having to buy a blinking television licence. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 18

Re: Just when you thought there was more than enough to watch on the box...

No, no & no.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Community Veteran
Fixes: 34

@Minivanman wrote:

or even better, the end of having to buy a blinking television licence. 

Highly Unlikely...... remember the BBC is a "public service"... broadcaster... and as such it has a charter ( or summat) that says it must remain "free to air".. ... besides that... can you imagine how long it would be before everyone, and I do mean .... everyone, started to cough up, and pay for the BBC progs on that "britbox" thing... before there were not enough left to justify the licence fee still being collected by the BBC to fund their lifestyle.... ..

Bit of a paradox there... "free to air" ..  ? ? ? ?    Licence fee  ? ? ? ?   hmmmmm  .....

Highlighted
All Star

Could this be why the bbc wants to remove th free tv license to help topay for ths service? Or am I being cynical.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Ah yes, that BBC 'consultation' they launched towards the end of last year but having already decided no doubt that they will not be extended beyond 2020 anyway... and just one year short of when I'd have been entitled to one.

It's a conspiricy I tell you! Cool_smiley