cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just want to watch the telly

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Just want to watch the telly

Just want to watch the telly... using Freeview from the aerial on the roof... looking for something bigger than 36" up to 40"

basic telly only... no internet connection... maybe a dvd player, but not essential, as I can plug my portable one into one of the usb slots IF needed.

price up to £250... preferably from reputable source,..  doesn`t have to be this years super doooper model,...

Any suggestions welcomed please.

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Just want to watch the telly

This 40" Cello would fit the bill:

http://celloelectronics.com/product/40-full-hd-led-tv-with-freeview-hd-dvd-player-and-usb/

Made in Britain too, in Newton Aycliffe specifically... Smiley

Community Veteran

Thanks for that... will check it out as going out now... cheersWink

Community Veteran

That link is hard to work out where to find the product... ( cos you have to look on each "stockist site" and they don`t all stock it ).. gave up after 4.. !

Saw some "reasonable" priced ones on EBAY    TESCO OUTLET... but they were " seller refurbished" some were not complete, and they all stated that they "May have some scratches on ... etc... but otherwise in good condition." ... showed the missus... and she was not impressed.. ( best could find on there seemed to be  40" at £229....

missus went shopping in ASDA ( I sat in car ! )... she was only going in for some plums and grapes... got a call to "come and have a look at this telly"!... so trooped in there.. and she had spotted a 42" for £269.. so decided to  "go for it"... as the extra £40 means that it is "brand new"... and as I paid part on my credit card, I also get the Section 75 assurance if anything goes wrong the credit card company gets involved.

Now.. I gotta get my drill out and fix it to the wall... ah well... that`s a job for tomorrow ! ! ..

thanks again,  @twocvbloke for your mention.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Yeah, Cello's website leaves a lot to be desired, but I've seen a few of their TVs over at the clearance store nearby and they seem pretty good quality picture-wise, they most likely use off-the-shelf LCD panels to build up their televisions so can get some decent ones on the go... Smiley