cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just thought I'd let you know...

Fixes: 125

Just thought I'd let you know...

...on Tuesday I go into hospital for a number of weeks - nothing life threatening I must add Wink
I will keep keep up with the forums but may not post as much as I have done (stop cheering, I can hear you from here  Grin Grin Grin)
Bit worried about leaving SWMBO on her own for so long but she assures me she will be fine and will enjoy the peace and quiet - how very dare she Tongue Roll eyes
Anyway, keep the home fires burning and behave yourselves Crazy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

19 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Just thought I'd let you know...

Good luck Mav! Hope everything goes well.  Smiley
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Sorry to hear you will be in for so long, the longest hospital stay I had was a week and that was bad enough, usually these days they get you out as soon as possible.
Glad to hear it's nothing life threatening.
Smiley Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

All the best to you Mav, and make sure you fill your Kindle or eReader with plenty of books to help burn the time away. Oh! and don't forget your slippers.
Fixes: 104

hope all goes well!
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Good luck Mav, oh and there's a heat wave coming  hope its a modern hospital with effective aircon  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Good luck Mav. Hope you recover well and soon return home Smiley
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for the good wishes.
Life's been a bit of an uphill struggle for the past couple of years so, hopefully, things can start improving  Smiley

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

Quote from: PeterLoftus
...  hope its a modern hospital ...

You don't need to go to hospital  just to fix your modem ... whoops hang on I misread it. I'll get my coat.
Hope all goes well.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Bit of advice, sleep when ever you can and do not expect to get any sleep at night.  I have had 2 week long visits in recent years and each time sleep is at a premium, as night shift porters do love to bang every single door.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

Wish you well, and good luck. Glad it's not life threatening. And wish your wife good luck too.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Gus
Bit of advice, sleep when ever you can and do not expect to get any sleep at night.  I have had 2 week long visits in recent years and each time sleep is at a premium, as night shift porters do love to bang every single door.
And they will wake you up to give you sleeping pills.
Wink
Community Veteran

Just think, all that time being looked after by the nurses.  Cool
Friend of mine was badly burned in a fire at Bold Colliery and had a lengthy stay in a burns unit . He developed a technique to lift the nurses skirts attending the patient next to him with a unravelled wire coat hanger. Worked out OK for him.....married one of said nurses! He did give me a detailed commentary of what he saw as a result of his coat hanger technique but I could not possibly share that level of detail on here.
@Mav have as much fun as you can under the circumstances, don't forget to take a wire coat hanger in with you and I hope all goes well for you Crazy

Without going into details as to what I'm in for I'll clear up a few misconceptions about my stay. The department I will be in is within a large hospital in London but I won't have to worry about porters or nurses as there aren't any in this particular building and no staff at all at night. I'll have my own room with a key and wash basin. Lunchtime meals are served in the hospital staff canteen, no other patients get this privilege, where the food is plentiful, edible and excellent selections of hot and cold. In the evening the food is delivered by outside caterers which tends to be things like baked potatoes, beans, salads and other stuff left over from the previous week Cheesy Or there's numerous takeaways nearby.
Although it sounds a bit cushy I can assure you it isn't as I have some pretty tough times ahead but there is plenty of support (and no, it's not drug or alcohol related). Although it isn't life-threatening it has blighted my life since I was 17 and good, sustainable treatment is hard to come by and it has been almost two and a half years since I approached my GP and getting the date for admission. Funding has been an issue too and I had to fight hard to get that Angry

Quote from: Oddball
@Mav have as much fun as you can under the circumstances
I will certainly do my best and will look forward to reading Chit Chat and catching up with you guys Cool