Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just saying..............

jab1
Hero
Fixes: 19

Just saying..............

As someone who admittedly doesn't post that often in this board, but does read all but the 'B' topic, can I politely make a suggestion - please tone the aggro down before you get it suspended or permanently closed?

I appreciate there are differences of opinion and I'm not suggesting there should not be otherwise, but some posters seem incapable of behaving like mature adults and respecting those differences without trading insults.

I don't know what causes this - maybe some can't take the heat of summer - but it saddens me to see such childish behaviour, and to be honest although the instigators of the trouble don't give much of a clue about their alleged age, some of the respondents have, and I would have thought they had more sense.

Please note the 'sub-header' - For tech-free friendly chats and any ‘off-topic’ natterings. 

/rant over.

John
13 REPLIES 13
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Just saying..............

Surely it would be better to suspend those that are abusive without just cause or otherwise?

It's not going to happen though is it as Plusnet seem totally incapable of action against any individual whatever the language and however many times they are reported.

You know, I know and we all know who (they) are and sure,even I'm a bit sharp myself at times in response, but not to the degree that we are all seeing here of late.

Shutting down the whole thread for the actions of a nasty 'one line' spiteful (few) is well, no way to behave.  

jab1
Hero

Thanks for the reply @Minivanman  - I was beginning to think I'd been ignored.Wink

Unless they still need their beauty-sleep, I suspect some have already been strongly warned (or suspended) as they have suddenly gone quiet.

As a former mod on other forums, back in the days before Twitter/Facebook, when things used to get really lively, I understand the problems our mods have, and don't quite agree that nothing is done - we don't know what passes in PM - but there do seem to be some who don't know when to rein it in. I am not including you in that, although yes, you are a bit OTT at times.Smiley

My original post was a 'shot across the bows' to hopefully avoid the suspension of the board, but if silly posting continues, I could understand the action.

John
TTman
Pro

@jab1  I agree. I always think you have to respect other peoples views even if you disagee with them. Yes argue against them but I was brought up to believe that once you sink to personal abuse you have lost the arguement!!!!Smiley

jab1
Hero

Exactly, @TTman  - well summed up!Thumbs Up

John
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

For those who have not seen this, here is one of the best examples I know of how we all see exactly the same thing, but have a different answer.

number-of-squares.jpg

TTman
Pro

jab1
Hero

Quite a lot, @Minivanman - but I haven't got the brain-power or inclination to work out the answer or find the formula which works it out for you - I know there is one.

John
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@jab1 

OOT m'self at times I agree, but then sometimes you have poke a dozy duck with pointed stick rather than a gentle prod in order to see if it's still alive. Others of course would just rather stamp on it.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@TTman 

Thumbs Up

RobPN
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 4

@TTman wrote:

@TTman 

+1

Now you might be wondering whether I mean 14 or 15  Wink

TTman
Pro

@RobPN  Yep youve made my brain hurt!!!!!! if15 cant see itLaugh

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

I suprised we have not had somebody being spiteful about a few empty squares. 

Give it time eh.  

TTman
Pro

@Minivanman I am just working myself up to that....will come back to you in a couple of weeksGrinAngel