Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had a little holiday

Denzil
Grafter

Just had a little holiday

Hi, folks,
I spent a couple days in the Lake District last week. I had cause to go to Penrith for some Lyme charity work, and took a couple of days extra to see how far my legs would take me. It was all a bit experimental. I used to be a keen hillwalker until I got ill, and I thought it was about time I had a go again. I was expecting to maybe do some gentle low level stuff, but managed to do rather better. I even scaled some peaks - OK, only Catbells, High Seat and Bleaberry Fell, so not the highest, but as this was the first proper walking I have done in four years I was mightily pleased.
Here are some piccys.
Catbells and the Keswick launch
A helicopter seen from the top of Catbells. It made a few trips whilst I was up there. Each time it arrived with an underslung load, and left without it. I assume they were delivering stone for footpath maintenance. Kind of odd to look down on an aircraft!
Seen in a field outside Keswick - 1, 2, 3, ahhh
Edit: typo
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Just had a little holiday

Good for you!
Now you have got your boots out, keep it going. slowly slowly catchee monkey Wink
Denzil
Grafter

Thank you. I did plod along rather slowly, and it did hurt at the end of each day by the time I got back to Keswick, but it is another big step in the general direction of normality.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Denzil
I did plod along rather slowly,

Welcome to my club  Cheesy
itsme
Grafter

The island that I want to live on. The photo only show the boat house, the main house is behind the trees. No neighbours or uninvited visitors.
Community Veteran

Brings to mind Swallows and Amazons.
itsme
Grafter

Community Veteran

yes and very nice too.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Done the Same, My wife has a Pacemaker fitted, three years ago she was confined to a wheel chair, went to Fowey, not exactly flat, never used the Buses, even thou the locals had a nice Bus stop (Pic one and two), but did go on a Chuffa Chuffa (3)
Took the ferry from Fowey to Polruan then the Wife said I want to go on the Hall Walk, did my nut as it is a very steep walk, she nearly smashed my head in stamped her feet and said I will do it (Pics 4 to 5 & Cool  we stayed just behind the funny house it is called "the Place" (pic 6 -7)
Denzil
Grafter

Good for the both of you.
I am a long standing but occasional volunteer with said chuffa! Hope you enjoyed the trip.
Community Veteran

lots of nice pix.  i found fowley and polruan in googleearth and even got a bead on the shot across the river from the woodland bordering the farmland.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the GPS location of shot was 50 20 5.7 N  4 36 28.4 W