Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just for fun side by side (or one on top of the other) comparison

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Just for fun side by side (or one on top of the other) comparison

Which is the angrier?Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Just for fun side by side (or one on top of the other) comparison

Even presented as "just for fun", are you serious in wanting to compare the two?

You surprise me. Shocked

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Odd sense of humour, amazing it was posted by @Luzern 

I suspect someone must have hacked their PN account.

Smiley

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

They are quite different, the one at the bottom is far right.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

In the same way as anybody who reads the Guardian is now a capitalist?  Roll_eyes

IMG_20190515_0003_NEW.jpg

Highlighted
Hero

The NF one was Nigel ( not to be confused with the NF) in a photo from Monday's Telegraph. To myself it looked like a tantrum. That's not something I'd want in a democratic politician's character. The one of AH did not seem totally dissimilar.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Well to honest it would be great if some of our so called leaders had even half an ounce of character and whilst that one of Adolf looks aggressive (he was known to pose for such) the one of Nigel is pretty much a chance photograph any of us could have had taken unguarded and in an out of context moment. We've all seen them in the media.

Is that really Nigel's nature? I don't think it is, neither is it appropriate or fair to seek a comparison with a man who by his own admission was responsible for the death, destruction and annihilation of millions. 

Sorry @Luzern , rant over Thumbs_Up

Highlighted
Hero

I did say just for fun, and even if Nigel is no Hitler, but I do not think unguarded moments showing whatever it was; anger, frustration and the like as in that photo, evidence a person suitable for leadership. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Well I'm sure the likes of Danny Baker would agree with you. Sad

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Luzern wrote:

I did say just for fun, and even if Nigel is no Hitler, but I do not think unguarded moments showing whatever it was; anger, frustration and the like as in that photo, evidence a person suitable for leadership. 

But what do you want in a leader ?

Someone who is passionate about what he believes in and shows it in his body language and speech or some lame duck who tries to please everybody and ends up pleasing nobody ie: Blair/Corbin.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 18

The Guardian likes to refer to May as LINO (Leader In Name Only). FunnyFunny

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@gleneagles 

Vince Cable has got to be the best example of somebody who has had passion bypass surgery and whilst Blair was detested by many on the true Left for cutting the Clause Four testicles off the Party, he was passionate... about those WMD's!   

Highlighted
Hero

@gleneagles wrote:

@Luzern wrote:

But what do you want in a leader ?

Someone who is passionate about what he believes in and shows it in his body language and speech or some lame duck who tries to please everybody and ends up pleasing nobody ie: Blair/Corbin.

Passion in apolitical leader I feel may have good points, maybe not. In a nearly four year old article in a U.S. paper this is written of their soon to be president, who like NF is a populist.

His politics depend on the strategic manipulation of what America’s Founding Fathers called “the passions”— emotions that, when stoked, cause us to literally lose our minds. And that’s perilous not only for the fragile state of U.S. politics today….

Trump has described Mexican immigrants as rapists…..

Is NF of the same caliber; I doubt it, but I do see similarities from those extracts between them  both. Both are manipulators of passions, and NF’s infamous immigrant queue poster had the aim of vilification of a group.

The article claims that, people have been wrestling with the problem of the passions in politics as far back as Plato and Aristotle, passion like lust is an appetite, which has to be controlled. I see in Trump and Farage petulance, anger and ego.

Perilous, I think

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

But that poster was no less than had been put our before under several versions, the most remembered one being the 'Labour Isn't Working' - so no change there. Neither was it about immigrants into the UK, it was about immigrants from Slovakia into Germany under their open door policy. And we all know how that worked out.

Farage was not against immigration, he was against uncontrolled immigration.

Stop to think why those from places like Slovakia and north Africa trek right across France, that most beautiful of countries with wide open spaces and practically the same population as the UK along with twice the space, and then make that trip over the channel seemingly with little bother from the French authorities to this damp little island of ours. It's not rocket science.    

As for passion in speakers, well we were spoilt for choice here in Wales with the likes of Lloyd George, Aneurin Bevan, and dare I say it Neil 'I went to University' Kinnock none of whom finished up wearing an arm band or sporting a Charlie Chaplin moustache. 

Passion to be controlled? I don't think... although I did listen to Arthur Scargill once addressing a NUS conference!

Fan of few if any politicians and as I have said many times here for what it's worth, and I'm not one of Farage's - but let's give the man his due and lets not fit the wrong cap onto the wrong head, tempting though it might be to do so.     

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Luzern 

Getting to the top or winning is all that matters to most leaders, they see how others have done it and use the same tactics.

So I fully agree with the contents of your post but cannot see any other way they are going to win, dangerous indeed as you truly do not know what a new leader or radical change will bring only time answers the question.