Community Veteran

Just for Shutter

I thought Shutter might like these Smiley Smiley
Anyone got any more?
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Just for Shutter

My Dad had one of the early Skodas (Octavia) when I was about to leave primary school.  It richly deserved its popular image.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah Yeah.... blah blah.... been there, seen it... and totally ignore it..... the image of Skoda way back when, was a joke......
When I bought my first skoda.... and rang the family members  and told them about it..... they laughed...... it`s me who is laughing now.... low maint... excellent mpg... comfortable... and my pride and joy.... oh... sorry was I talking about a Skoda... Huh??  YES... I was... and still am....  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran

My uncle (who is loaded and could afford any car he wanted) bought a new Skoda complete with warranty. this he exchanged for a new Skoda every year since. only ever broken down once,and they brought him a replacement car -to the breakdown - and returned the car, repaired, two days later. He's very happy with Skoda. Smiley
Community Veteran

Funny how things have changed. Cars used to almost rot in front of your eyes.
Scrapyards used to be full of rusty wrecks. Now they look like showrooms. With some dents of course.
Community Veteran

Very true, we're still running a Ford Focus that is almost 17 years old; one of the very first made in 1998!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: billnotben
Funny how things have changed. Cars used to almost rot in front of your eyes.

I remember as a kid in the 80s it was quite common to see cars being driven round with the lower half of the door rotted away. Metal coat hangers for aerials was another bodge people used when the cars aerial was broken by 80s thugs. Oddly quite a few cars from the 60s and 70s didn't seem to suffer from the door rot for some reason. My grandfather had a thing about the morris range and he seemed to have a lot of luck finding them with intact doors.
Quote from: billnotben
Scrapyards used to be full of rusty wrecks. Now they look like showrooms. With some dents of course.

You know I thought I was imagining that the last time i was in my local scrappy.. but yes many of them do look in shockingly good condition.. i must be getting old when i'm eyeing up scrap yard cars  Shocked
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Hmm, most of them jokes were stolen from the 2CV... Grin
Community Veteran

@ Shutter, they were meant as a joke. We all know how you like your Skoda and how reliable it is. Wink Wink
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

The Skoda of today is in a totally different class to it was back in the 70s & 80s.
I remember my dad buying a Skoda early 1980 - it was the only car 5 yrs later he sold for more than he paid!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: twocvbloke
Hmm, most of them jokes were stolen from the 2CV... Grin

Round here those jokes were applied to Ladas. They were "worked on" just down the road at Carnaby near Bridlington to put right the worst of the faults put in by the Russian factory  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

There was a time not so long ago when guys used to come round and if they saw a Lada in your drive they'd offer you on the spot cash for it to so they could return it to Russia. Now having viewed many a uchoob video and seen the large number of these that get wrecked I suspect the old stock will be non existent in the not to distant future.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I thought Skoda's were built under VW licence these days, which probably accounts for their much enhanced image.
But for those who like them (and who doesn't) a few Skoda jokes: http://skoda-jokes.blogspot.co.uk/
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Yes I think they are a part of VW.
In fairness I've heard nothing but good said about them. I think the only negative thing is the name Wink
This was in the DM yesterday:
Skoda
All4One
Grafter

I am very tempted by the new Octavia VRS estate. MMMMMMmmmmmm