Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just cooking some comfort food: French Onion soup

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Just cooking some comfort food: French Onion soup

That's how we do our veggies most of the time.  Thumbs_Up

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

@HairyMcbiker True but yours will contain radiation Tongue Do you cook alot @HairyMcbiker ive been cooking for a couple of years now and im still very much learning.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

@St3 not a lot, I like making soup, and bread. I also tend to make things like chilli,curries and stews. Whereas SHMBO is more into re-heating pre-made stuff.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Another comfort food from the continent that I wholeheartedly recommend...tartiflette. Wonderfully easy to make, very basic ingredients. Recipe here https://sortedfood.com/recipe/tartifletterecipe
A tip or two, use 'Le rustique camembert' from Tesco - cheaper, easier to get hold of and lovely taste. Second to, use creme fraiche instead of cream, but use twice as much (still lower fat, but keeps it moist). Crusty bread and a glass or five of white wine. Mmmm Mmmmm!
Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 12

@HairyMcbiker wrote:
I like making soup, and bread. I also tend to make things like chilli,curries and stews.

If that's your bag, i'd highly recommend a slow cooker if you don't already have one. Great for those just getting into cooking too as they're incredibly versatile.

Dug mine out earlier as its getting to that time of year. Currently got my take on a Shakshouka on the go in mine

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Had one (several) for years now. Made a nice stew just this week in it. 1lb of steak and a stew pack with a pinch of herbs, gave enough for 3 meals for us 😉
That's what I tend to make my curries & stew's in.
I use my shiny new electric pressure cooker for making soup, easy and cheap. Fill it up, switch it on and at lunch time the soup is ready and piping hot for me. (looked at soup makers but they were all into the blended soups not for me)
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Made what I consider comfort food the other day, fried chicken wings, cheap & easy, but messy and smelly (best done with decent ventilation that actually vents outdoors, not just to the ceiling like ours!!!), but when done right, oh so good, and a lot friendlier on the wallet than visiting the colonel's place of fried chicken...Grin

And yes, there is an odd one out there, ran out of eggwash, so it just got cooked with salt & garlic with a single coating of flour, turned out quite nice actually so may make a few more like that in the future, KISS and all, the others weren't overdone either despite appearances, I just used a smidge too much smoked paprika... Smiley

omnomnomnomnomnomnomnom!!!omnomnomnomnomnomnomnom!!!