cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just been told to F##k O## by a scammer

bertmay
Grafter

Just been told to F##k O## by a scammer

Had a scammer on the phone blabbing on about microsoft, so played along giving silly answers, he kept ploughing on asking me to do stuff, which didn't do, I even hang up on him, phone rang back & it was him again, in the end I told him he was a liar & a scammer, this broke his patter & he told me to FO & he hung up. It's brightened my day no end

Bye

15 REPLIES 15
Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

Re: Just been told to F##k O## by a scammer

If you have his phone number check him out here 

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

@bertmay wrote:

...in the end I told him he was a liar & a scammer, this broke his patter & he told me to FO & he hung up. It's brightened my day no end

Excellent - good work.  😎

I had a similar experience a while back, playing the fake MS guy along for twenty minutes or so. Eventually I asked him what his mother thought about him conning vulnerable people out of money, at which point he launched into a frenzied, screaming volley of abuse, claiming he knew my IP address and threatening to trash my computer.

The more I laughed the more deranged he became. As you say, it really brightens one's day.  😄

The Internet gave us access to everything; but it also gave everything access to us.
James Veitch

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

Never had anyone phone me up about my computer having problems.... so I have missed out on all that fun !.Cry

Although... if some idiot did manage to get me on the phone... I expect I could play along a bit... as I`m almost deaf. and would have to keep asking him to repeat slowly what he said, so I could understand him... Cheesy

Champnet
Seasoned Champion

We keep getting the recorded message "We're going to disconnect your broadband in the next 24-48 hours, due to whatever reason"

Noticed a lot of callers using Covid as an excuse. 

"Your maintenance contract for your washing machine is about to expire, I can renew it for you " 

"Send me a new contract"   

"Can't do that, Government Covid restrictions don't allow it"   

"I find that hard to believe, did you make it up ? Bye..."

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

They used to try it on with my parents, who used to say:

"Really? My son has a degree in IT and he would tell us if there was".
Used to shut them up pretty quickly. 🙂 

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 6

@Alex wrote:

They used to try it on with my parents, who used to say:

"Really? My son has a degree in IT and he would tell us if there was". 

You've mentioned your sister before @Alex  but that's the first time we had any idea you had a brother!  Wink Cheesy Thumbs_Up

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Ages ago I got the standard call about problems on my computer, all I needed to do was log into some website.

Told them I had got all sorts of financial things on my computer so could they sent someone to fix it.

Said I could do it by logging in to their website but I insisted they send someone around, I did not care how much it cost….

Admitted their company was abroad….

No problem I can arrange for someone to pick you up and fly you across to the uk and pay for all expenses, they can stay in the Dorchester at my expense…..can you let me have your firms bank account details so I can forward some money to you…

Actually went away to get her boss to speak to me….didn’t take him long to twig I was wasting their time, called me a idiot, said I thought that was good coming from someone who would be paying for this call…

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Well yes I do have a sister and my parents were referring to me.
No I don't have a brother.

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

No bother.

😀

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

There's an American guy on YouTube who has learnt some choice phrases in Hindi which he uses to good effect when scammers start being abusive to him.

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I don't get scam calls because I'm ex directory on the landline AND on TPS.

Back when I was on Talk Talk for Landline and Fibre, I used to regularly battle with the Indian call centre staff who didn't understand my strong Sheffield accent, until the day I was able to give 30 days notice without paying termination fees I told them to sod off and I was giving my loot to Plusnet, with UK call centres.

I did the same about 2 and half years ago when I was on Virgin Mobile, their Foreign call centre was doing my head in, so I told them to do one and went on Three.

In September I will be giving 30 days notice to Three and going on either GiffGaff or Plusnet Mobile for the 30 day rolling contract where if it turns out to be bobbins, I'm not tied in for 2 years.

Do you see? Cheesy
Strat
Fixes: 515

I'm ex-directory and registered on the TPS and I get scam calls...or should I say my TrueCall gets them.

Not very many though.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 90.0.2 (64-bit)

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Champnet
Seasoned Champion

Given today's technology and database systems I would guess anyone with a landline is likely to receive 'nuisance' calls.

I'm waiting to see mobiles hit the same way, calls would be very interesting to eavesdrop on public transport.........

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 79

@Champnet Already being worked on - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STIR/SHAKEN

John