cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a thought...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Just a thought...

With regard to the two murderers of the soldier in Woolwich. Actually we can't call them that yet as the trial and verdict hasn't yet taken place so they're only suspects!! the defence case will make interesting reading I should think.
But, since they have (allegedly) murdered a serving soldier then perhaps they should be sent to a military prison to serve their time. I fancy they would be pleased and rubbing their hands to make their acquaintance.
Probably all kinds of uman rites reasons why that can't happen, but couldn't we bend the rules just this once.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Just a thought...

Preferably some front-line prison, in Afghanistan or Iraq, where they are used to housing radicals who attack soldiers.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

See this is what I find to be a waste of time in this country. There are witnesses who saw what happened, the men don't deny doing it, they've even got people to film them on their phones and told of their reasons for doing it... yet they're still treated as SUSPECTS?
There is clearly no defence here. There is no doubt about who done it. They are freely admitting to it yet we still need to try them before they can be sentenced? Why can't the trial just be scrapped and the sentencing done instead?
This is ridiculous.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
kmilburn
Grafter

It won't necessarily go to a full trial,  but the are certain motions that need to be done to get things right given how the laws are written.
The other issue is that there appears to be more than just the two involved, and any trial would likely include the other players, even if the two perps plead guilty.
Community Veteran

They are entitled to a fair trial under our law irrespective of the crimes they have committed.  To do anything else would be pandering to the judicial system we often condemn in other countries around the world.  Justice not only has to be done but it has to be seen to be done.
Fixes: 125

I whole-heartedly agree with you, artmo.
But what is required subsequently is a proper sentence. Life, for murder, meaning life; no parole, no good behaviour. Stop pampering the the liberal, or human rites agendas. Once convicted all human rites should be revoked - non-equivocally.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

It's my turn to agree with you Mav.  Pandering to the liberal viewpoint is responsible for a lot of today's woes.  We seem to care more for the criminal than the victim in many cases.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: artmo
We seem to care more for the criminal than the victim in many cases.
Such a shameful state of affairs.
Prevention is better than cure is often the mantra and attempting to understand the whys and wherefores have their place but I still think punishment should be a harsh deterrent or what is the point of having and 'punishment'.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic but I've just read this sickening article where Muslims at one university are claiming the killing of Lee Rigby didn't happen and was a State plot.  Disgusting.
Allegation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Oh yes.... and that guy "Hitler" was a figment of the British Government`s ( Churchill) imagination.... ....... Shocked
Community Veteran

It's "good" that the video was made as it would have allowed a few more names to be added to what is probably a very long list.
As for the 300,000 people watching it, well they could all be thinking the people that made this are fooling no one and are just a bunch of apologists for a couple of deluded would be terrorists.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well " London Metropolitan University" should be shut down as soon as possible from what I have read on them.
[Edit]  Spelling
Community Veteran

You're right Gary.  They were banned from taking foreign students some time ago because of irregularities.