cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just 66p for the Royals? That's a Bargain!

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Just 66p for the Royals? That's a Bargain!

From a twitter feed it would seem the 'royals' are about to receive a massive £37m a year pay-rise. With a total bill of £334m a year, the cost of the monarchy isn't a bargain, it's a scandal.  

Parasites and leeches, the lot of 'em.   

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Just 66p for the Royals? That's a Bargain!

66p ?   What a rip off.....  Tesco are doing them for 49p     but.. the catch is it is £6.00 for delivery ! !

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=258142494&sc_cmp=ppc*GHS+-+Grocery+-+New*PX+%7C+...

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Not if you walk into the store ( I know 2017 we shouldn't be doing such things, utter madness ) so 49p and a lovely walk. 

Every little helps

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

I'm no Royalist (I feel indifferent towards them) but what do they contribute to the UK economy?

I very quick Google suggests about 1.2Bn a year. Doesn't seem a bad ROI to me.

Minivanman
Hero

Well if it's all about dollars and cents, and those google numbers would need more than a bit or scrutiny I'm guessing then yes, you'd be right, but it's far more than that for this dyed in the wool Republican.

Off with their heads and stick 'em on a pole! Wink 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Anonymous
N/A

Is it just me, or do they not taste like they used to?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Minivanman wrote:

Well if it's all about dollars and cents, and those google numbers would need more than a bit or scrutiny I'm guessing then yes, you'd be right, but it's far more than that for this dyed in the wool Republicans like myself.

Off with their heads and stick 'em on a pole! Wink 

Personally I think the Queen does a good job, cannot be easy to have a smile on your face and shake hands with people who the government wants you to meet irrespective of what you think of them.

Whilst I generally agree with your view and think there are too many 'hangers on' I have never been able to come up with a better system, can you imagine president Blair, president Cameron, .......President or is it Comrade Corbyn ?

No neither can I.

Smiley

Steve
Seasoned Pro

notinmyname wrote:

Is it just me, or do they not taste like they used to?

Probably all the nasty stuff they're sprayed with.

Community Veteran

One solution might be to grow your own !

Not sure if it's true but I think they put seaweed on the soil the potatoes are grown in.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

@gleneagles Or just shop where the Royals shop? they seem to live to a ripe old age are they growing their own veg? I have been thinking about it because in my opinion a lot of food in the UK now isn't natural.

Minivanman
Hero

@gleneagles

President Blair, Cameron or Corbyn, why must it be any of them beside which they are Prime minister material (sort of) rather than presidential.

As for the 'Royals', would a president cost us as much as they do or have so many houses and hangers on in perpetuity and by right of birth, well obviously not.

The system stinks and is archaic beyond belief but hey, the sycophants love it at any price so that's OK I guess.

Community Veteran

@Minivanman

So who would you want as a President, other than myself of course as that would cost more in my expenses than the current cost of the Royals.

Wink

Minivanman
Hero

Well Prince William would get my vote as long as he renounced the crown and presumption of inherited rights. Odd suggestion you might think but, we have to start somewhere.

Out with old and in with the half new.  

Fixes: 125

Minivanman wrote:

Parasites and leeches, the lot of 'em.   

I think that's a very unfair and sweeping statement as some of them are great ambassadors for the UK and the charities they support.

It's not their fault they are born into the life that is thrust upon them and I think they, generally, do a good job with some exceptions.

I would not like to see the end of our royal family.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

gleneagles wrote:

One solution might be to grow your own !

Not sure if it's true but I think they put seaweed on the soil the potatoes are grown in.

Wouldn`t be Jersey Royals, if you did that... ( grow your own.... ) unless , of course, you live in Jersey..