cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junk Mail

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Junk Mail

I have a notice on my door, telling people I don`t want junk mail, or food outlet leaflets, etc...
However, I do get the occasional one... and this is one of them....
(Locally, in the next street, there is a company working on the water supply pipelines.)
This leaflet seemed to be info about the work going on, except it was a sales leaflet for water softeners... It has a tear of reply  page, pre-printed with first class post.. and some "simple questions"...

here are the responses I have put and will send back to them ..... just so they have to pay for the junk mail I have sent them back  Grin
1.  Hardness test.
I would like my water tested to find out how hard it is..... ( Check the box next to it)
(Yes please, which doctor`s do I have to attend?)
2.  How much will I save.
I would like to find out how my household expenditure will be reduced and by how much  (check the box next to it)
(Good... so you are going to tell me how much its going to cost me... (reducing my household expenditure)... )
3.  Drinking Water.
I would like to find out more about drinking water filters
(Geology is a great subject and I am very interested)
4. Home survey
I would like my home surveyed to find out where I can have a water softener installed.
(I am not sure of my home`s layout, so a map would be useful to me)...
I then completed the form with a fictional address ... and posted it off to them....  Cheesy
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Junk Mail

You're a naughty man Shutter but we like you Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I got the green recycling bin outside the front door in the hope that postie will do the right thing but so far he's been too honest and done what he's paid to do - stuff the junkmail through our letter box  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Think you can opt out of getting certain types of junk mail from the Post Office. ?
Once the post office is privatised there is likely to be a massive increase in junk mail, so much so that you will be lucky to find your letters amongst the pile.
Razer
Grafter

Yes, you can opt out, but that doesn't mean they'll stop putting it through your letter box. I'm in a tussle with them right now over this, and I've certainly been venting my spleen at them.
Community Veteran

Opting out never made any difference for me!  Angry
Geoff,
York.
Fixes: 125

We don't get a lot of post; maybe one letter every 3 or 4 days and not a lot of junk either. We do get a few letters a month for previous occupiers.
The busiest time for our post is around the 11th when statements are due.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

When I get really fed up with all the junk mail I sometimes simply pop it back in a postbox.  As a lot of it is not addressed the sorting office has to dispose of it Wink
Fixes: 47

I've just been completely irresponsible and thrown a large amount of personal data straight into the bin. Embarrassed
The latest edition of the phone Book.......(I thought I was ex-directory but no matter)
It seems such a waste of money these days.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation