Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junk Mail ( via the postman )

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Junk Mail ( via the postman )

I have a polite notice on my door, that says.... PLEASE   NO MORE JUNK MAIL...  no more charity collection bags, no more takeaway food leaflets etc.

This has seriously reduced the amount of Junk Mail that comes through my letter box... but not completely... some of the posties that do this round, just ignore it.... but the regular one does heed it...  I have caught a couple of people doing the charity and takeaway stuff, and given them a good "talking to" about being able to read to do the job .... 

I know there is a "Postal preference" scheme in operation, but that has had no real effect...

I was just wondering, if, amongst this elite group of forum posters, anyone has notice a "general fall-off"   of the amount of junk mail they receive, or is it still as prevalent as it was a few years ago.

I keep all the junk mail ( and the takeaway leaflets ) and post them back to the post office in one of their big red boxes, around about a couple of days before Christmas, when they are overwhelmed with their christmas mail... 

It gives me great pleasure to do that ! ! ! ... Cheesy

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Junk Mail ( via the postman )

I've been told by my postman that if you want to stop deliveries of junk leaflets via RM you need to complete a form for it otherwise it's in their remit to deliver it.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@shutter wrote:

I keep all the junk mail ( and the takeaway leaflets ) and post them back to the post office in one of their big red boxes, around about a couple of days before Christmas

If I did that I could easily fill one of their post boxes.Angry

Highlighted
Fixes: 876

I like the 'charity' bags, make good bin liners..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 78

I'm glad I am not the only one that does this @dvorak Smiley

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been told by my postman that if you want to stop deliveries of junk leaflets via RM you need to complete a form for it otherwise it's in their remit to deliver it.

As mentioned, in my orignal post...Roll_eyes

One thing I forgot, was that I also have "alternative" delivery instructions as a "last line"..

Please use the Black Bin, by the telegraph pole.

(not that anyone has....but...... ! ) Azn

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Anonymous wrote:

You're right. The postie has no choice but to deliver the leaflets, The Post Office gets paid to do so.

One problem with completing the form you mention is that not only junk mail will be stopped. Anything addressed to 'the occupier' will also be stopped. This could be info from your local council regarding the electoral roll.

I'm away for 5 weeks and can imagine the volume of junk mail awaiting me on my return.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@artmo wrote:

I'm away for 5 weeks and can imagine the volume of junk mail awaiting me on my return.

Ooh, that will be something to look forward to. But best be on the safe side and take a back door key with you in case the front door's blocked by leaflets. Grin

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Can't say I've noticed a reduction although most of what I get isn't delivered by the postman.  I still get quite a few fast food leaflets despite one of our local pizza outlets being awarded a 0 (zero) food hygiene rating by the council.  Amazingly they were allowed to keep on trading.