cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumped out of her skin...

Fixes: 125

Jumped out of her skin...

I found this hilarious, SWMBO not so.
A few minutes ago I called SWMBO down to hear what I thought may have been a return of our mice as I could hear a faint squeaking/squealing noise seemingly coming from the corner of the living room.
As she only had a short dress on she crouched down on the chair by the door (which, by the way, is very close to the street door) and I told her to remain still and quiet.
It was like a scene from a David Attenborough documentary with us whispering to each other and concentrating on hearing that elusive noise.
Suddenly...
There was a loud knock at the door and I swear I saw SWMBO actually jump up and leave her skin behind. I couldn't contain my laughter as I opened the door to a courier with a parcel for our neighbours.
Perfect timing  Grin Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Jumped out of her skin...

I Guess you will be sleeping in the spare bedroom tonight  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I don't fancy his dinner tonight either.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 125

I'll be fine Cool
Thankfully she has a great sense of humour and saw the funny side of it too after calming down  Smiley
I wonder what the odds are of it happening?
Coincidences...
Reminds me of the time a song was playing on my PC and just as it ended SWMBO came in to the room and asked who that was. At that point the next song started (Gimmie More) with the words "It's Britney, bitch". We both rolled about with laughter Grin

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Sense of humour - "The dog enjoyed your dinner...."
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.