cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump the Line

Community Veteran

Jump the Line

In a queue waiting for customer service?
If it's a queue for mobile supplier EE you may be able to jump the queue and prevent having to wait by paying 50p
I wonder if this idea could catch on elsewhere Undecided
Jump the Queue
I personally don't like the idea. You may have a problem and they expect you to pay to get quick service Sad
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Jump the Line

This post should have not been made on the grounds that it might give another company - not a million miles from here - ideas  Lips are sealed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

PlusNet done this in the past some years back when they operated a premium rate support number. Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

They have such a system in operation at the moment. It is called enhanced business support  Wink where I pay extra for PN to fix things quickly when OpenReach does something wrong.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Yes but that is a dedicated service for businesses. EE will be offering this option to anyone phoning for support.
So far in the Telegraph poll 84% of readers (1857) have voted 'no' to the question would they pay.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'm with EE, but not under contract anymore luckily.
Hardly a good advert for your standard support times though (i.e. they're so bad, we're introducing a paid-for fast track option).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
I personally don't like the idea. You may have a problem and they expect you to pay to get quick service Sad

Neither do I! It's bad enough that many aspects of life in this country revolve around the dog eat dog principle but being forced to pay extra just to get someone else to get their backside into gear is terrible. Again money talks and it's that principle that is bringing this country to it's knees.
Anyone who disagrees with my last sentence should remember the damage the bankers did.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 125

And what if everyone chooses to pay - you'd be no further up the queue Shocked

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

and those that don't will simply never get an answer.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

Horrendous idea  Shocked
Community Veteran

I've refused to have anything to do with EE (Orange) for telecoms ever since one of their salesmen tried to cheat me out of £20K of business, fortunately my clients were loyal and warned me. One the retail side they "stole" £50 remaining credit on a mobile phone. Seems like there is no limit to their ingenuity!
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Speaking of EE...
I set up a business contract with them last year - decent rate for 18 months.
2 months in to the contract, they sent a £1500 due balance note to my registered address (not in UK) with a threat to disconnect my lines if I did not pay within 14 days. Apparently new lines are subject to a deposit and a mistake was made as the sales woman should have explained this (EE listened to the call and admitted her mistake). So I reluctantly paid and I was told the money would be refunded after 3-6 months of on time payments, which are automatic as they are by DD.
I rang them at the end of May (some 9 months into the contract) as I had not received the deposit back. They blamed a system's error for not automatically refunding the deposits and said they would refund the money within 5 working days. I checked the bank statements for June and they only refunded £664. I rang them again and it took 6 phone calls to sort yet 'another system's issue' out. I've now been told that they will refund the balance in the next 5 working days.
It does make you wonder though whether they are trying it on and actually have so many systems' issues.
goldenfibre
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I would say NO to pay 50p to jump on top of the queue! Plusnet should automatically what position number queue are u on while u waiting on the line.