Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judges BLOCK BREXIT

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Judges BLOCK BREXIT

@Luzern wrote:

More the opposite perhaps, known capable of impartiality, whatever personal opinion. Serving on ECHR also does not remove the capability for impartiality.

No, it does not remove the capablity for impartiality, but it does add to the bias towards the "judgement" outcome, and certainly adds to the smell of cronyism......

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Luzern wrote:

So what! Would you have us all believe that being appointed to choose any group of people makes one biased? More the opposite perhaps, known capable of impartiality, whatever personal opinion. Serving on ECHR also does not remove the capability for impartiality.

Of course I would, but don't take my word for it......

http://factmyth.com/factoids/people-can-be-truly-unbiased/

"Bias is an inclination toward a perspective. It applies to almost every area of life: racial bias, bias in the food you are hungry for, a bias of what music you want to listen to, bias in research, bias in nature......."

Community Veteran

And to the mix you have to add that certain types of jobs attract certain types of people.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Nigel Farage clashes with Gina Miller - the woman who brought the Brexit case before the High Court - on the Andrew Marr Show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/37888663

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've just realized what the problem is!!

Theresa MAY

Philip HAMMOND

Is CLARKSON somewhere in the background running things?

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Well I don't know about the other two but going by her performance so far I think TM is doing a splendid job.  

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

So.... the government are going to appeal the three judges decision...

guess what..... four more judges will hear the plea....

guess what..... they are all linked into the European legal system..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3911656/And-s-lot-lining-EU-links-judges-rule-Brexit-impact....

guess what.... the outcome will be....   ? ? ? ?

Community Veteran

That makes perfect sense.

Then if the appeal doesn't work they can appeal the appeal...........................

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Not only that, they will almost certainly have to go to the European Court of Justice for them to determine if Article 50 is reversible. That decision will take months.

Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

Go-ahead for appeal of High Court ruling announced 

David Davis Miller and Hudges' abusers condemned; Farage sanctioned

I'm glad a Brexiteer of such rank has spoken out.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

And there was me thinking that the people were sovereign and not parliament.

Guess that's why we have an unwritten Constitution, folks can just make it up as they go along - what with there being no precedent and all. Jesus.

What a sad day for democracy, but what a great time to shake off the cobwebs of Westminster. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Didn't think it would be long before Sturgeon got in on the act of attempting to delay or block britexit.

Are all these people stupid or what ?

The whole issue is highly charged and attempts to delay or block it is like a red rag to a Bull and whilst the majority of people may act in a sensible way there are many who will not, to play with peoples emotions is dangerous as can be seen by the attacks on judges and others.

What has happened is that 17.3 million people believe they have got something for certain and a number of foolish people are trying to take that away or make the outcome as difficult as possible can no one see the dangers in this ?

You can have as many laws as you like but governments can only rule with the consent of the people and the government are there to represent the people and not to ignore a specific outcome decided by a referendum.

If the referendum was an opinion then this should have been stated before it took place, at least Cameron had the good grace to accept the decision was the will of the voting majority and stood down instead of trying to bluff his way through and refer it to MP's for a final decision.

Can you imagine how the rest of the EU would regard us if we failed to leave, they took little notice of us before, they will see us as weak and stupid if we remain and take no notice of us at all.

The decision has been make, now lets get on with it and stop squabbling like silly children.

Highlighted
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Agree Thumbs Up and lets start NOW !! never mind waiting till March

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .