cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

John McCruick looses employment tribual

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

John McCruick looses employment tribual

against channel 4 for age discrimination..
What a shame  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
11 REPLIES
RichAllen
Grafter

Re: John McCruick looses employment tribual

Good, I was never a fan of that bloke anyway, he always seemed a bit strange to me and was in dire need of a shave Tongue
shalom2010
Grafter

I think his downfall was the silly Big Brother programme - he should of stuck with horse racing.
RichAllen
Grafter

Indeed.
As a BB contestant he made a good Horse racing Pundit, lol.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Call
I think his downfall was the silly Big Brother programme - he should of stuck with horse racing.

I don't recall seeing that but I did see him in some wife swapping show thingy. He was so inconsiderate to the 'guest' 'wife' and plainly arrogant and rude. I think that was the beginning of the end for him.
Community Veteran

The explanation was given by C4 today.  He was not sacked but simply not selected for the team for the new programme.
C4 puts their racing out to a production company and they asked a number of companies to tender for the contract.  All the companies pitching to C4 excluded McCruick from their presentation teams in their bids.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Which boils down to J Mc thinking he's more important to the world of horse racing than he actually is.
Think he was ill-advised to bring the case to court in the first place.
It has been said that all publicity good or bad is good publicity, maybe not in this case.
Are the other TV production companies forming a queue to employ him?, perhaps he'll be turning up on the chat-show sofa's for a while telling us how badly treated he was, but he should be careful, he does have a bit of a foot-in-mouth reputation.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
shalom2010
Grafter

Here he is on BB
Community Veteran

Thanks for the link Steve but er no lol
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

This guy must have been paid a fortune over the years, in my opinion he did well to last as long on TV as he did and it came as no surprise to most people that he lost the case. 
Community Veteran

It was said on the radio today that he is having to sell his house to pay his legal bills.
Community Veteran

Well down to earth with a bump for him then.
He clearly thought the normal way of life didn't apply to him and that he could walk all over people etc. Strange character. You behave like that to people, you get what you deserve.
Funny thing that, in the last 5 years I've seen the "what goes around comes around" thing catch up and bite many people. Clearly this chap is the latest.