Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

John Lewis email

Mav
Fixes: 431

John Lewis email

Yesterday I received the following email from John Lewis:

Dear Mr xxxxxxx,

We've received a request to set up or change your John Lewis & Partners online account password.

Please click here to create a new password. If you are resetting a password, please use a different password to your previous one.

If you haven't requested a new password, please call us on 03456 049 049.

Thank you.

Customer Services
John Lewis & Partners

The link looked genuine as is the telephone number and I was addressed by my surname.

This morning I received.

Hello,

You may have received an email from us recently asking you to reset your account password for our website.
The safety and protection of our customers’ details is extremely important to us, so we’d like to reassure you that your account remains secure.
This email was sent in error and so we’d like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you didn’t request a new password, there is no need to reset and it’s not necessary for you to contact Customer Services as suggested in the email.

Thank you,
Customer Service team
John Lewis & Partners

Again, apart from not being address personally, the links seem ok. Although in both cases I have not clicked on any!

Normally I would just ignore anyway but my cause for concern is that I don't have a JL account - I'm with Plusnet.

Anyone else had these emails.

Should we be concerned?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 185

Re: John Lewis email

Seems to me it could be referring to a JL Online shopping account rather than a broadband account  ?

Mav

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Everything Else to General Chat.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Mav

@MisterW 

It's been so long since I used John Lewis (7 years) I had forgotten about that!

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Is this the scatter gun approach, just send out a massive number of emails - which is easy enough to do as we know, too whatever addresses that have been acquired and see what comes back. 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.