cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Application forms

TORPC
Grafter

Job Application forms

For the Job my daughter has applied for in Bristol, the agency has sent her a form which contains
Data Protection Act
I confirm that the above information is correct and give written consent that my personal data will be used for the purpose of sourcing suitable employment (data protection act 198Cool. We may also use your CV for marketing purposes or talk with organisations on your behalf without informing you first. By signing this form you are giving us the authority to do so.

Signed:  Date: 

Does she legally have to sign this section, even though she does not agree with it, especially the part in bold
Plus her numbers are registered with the TPS
I also agree with what she says about the 1st part referring to it being used for sourcing her suitable employment, is ok to accept, yet the 2nd part is dodgy
Is there any governing body that can prevent this sort of thing ?Huh
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Job Application forms

One for the local newspaper, no way I would apply with that requirement.  Name and shame.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I think what they are meaning (but not saying very well) is that they will take most of her personal details off the CV and send it around to companies in that vague area of work trying to get one of them to say they are interested in giving her an interview, and then will contact her to tell her they can get her an interview with that company.
I probably get 4 or 5 emails a week from recruitment agency (even though I'm not currently recruiting), telling me they have the perfect person for me, giving me the CV (no full name, usually just first name, no address or email address or anything, so I can't offer them an interview directly), and the recruitment agencies terms and conditions, which basically tell me I have to pay a massive percentage of the salary for them finding the person for me.
The wording of it would certainly be open to abuse though if I am correct in what I've said.
IANAL, but I would think she could probably cross the bit in bold out, stating she doesn't agree to that, initial it, so that it is very clear that she doesn't agree with that part.  It may mean that they won't take her on and put her forward to the job though, though they probably would given that they will get paid for basically forwarding the CV onto the company, if they were to give her a job.
Phil
Fixes: 47

That's bad.
If the two options were separate with their own tick boxes....ok
But piggybacking one undesirable condition on an essential one is just not on.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Put a line through the offending clause then sign it.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers as always Smiley
Here is a screenshot(s) of the entire form

I have also advised her that unless they give her a job, she is not to fill in the Bank Details section & only then does she give that information to the employer
Do you think it is right for an agency to ask for Bank Details ?Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re the bank details......
If she is applying for work through an employment agency, and THEY employ her.... then she would be paid by the Agency... not the firm she is working for...
However, If she is employed directly by the firm.... then there does not seem to be any reason they should have, and hold, details of her bank account(s).
TORPC
Grafter

Exactly
Therefore the AGENCY could be her employer
& should not have the details until such arrangements are made IMHO
Community Veteran

It could be they want the bank details to perform a credit check.
What happens if this is a standard form used by all/most agencies? She may have to sign if she wants a job through an agency.