cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jo Swinson outed

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

Re: Jo Swinson outed

Looks like WOTSUP has been had....turns out some loner in Wales has been stirring it and in his first interview with a journalist...

Said he was a Labour supporter

Accepted the story was spin.

Justified the spin by saying Alistair Campbell had used spin.

PS. I'm not a Lib Dem voter/supporter, just believe in fair play.

PPS. Dominic Cummings owns a farm that has received EU funding.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Seems it did come from Twitter then which is where I first read it a while back, and more twisting the truth than spin although hard put to tell the difference - but maybe the originator (some guy called Dino from north Wales) might be able to!

From little fibs big fat lies grow it eh?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a link to how the fake Jo Swinson story went viral. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-50160148

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@christmas wrote:

Looks like ...

Now we've got bonfire night out of the way it's full steam ahead for christmas ... 🙄

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Ding dongs merrily on high?

Let's be careful out there. 😛

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It's pretty much been said before. Practically all the MP's have their fingers in the EU pie to varying degrees.

Which has to be the main reason the Turkeys don't want to vote for Christmas.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Just imagine the managers of say a large corporation giving their workers a vote on whether they themselves could continue in their jobs for another four years based on past performance.

Not going to happen is it but hey, maybe it should!

No wonder many are jumping before they are pushed and worried about losing their well paid 'all expenses/jobs for the family' little number - and so they damn well should be. 

Lets get angry, lets not forget, and lets kick out if we can those that ideology apart, did not represent us fair and square.

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@billnotben wrote:

It's pretty much been said before. Practically all the MP's have their fingers in the EU pie to varying degrees.

Please provide specific examples in support of this allegation

Highlighted
Pro

The MP's Members Register of Financial Interests is an interesting read showing all the legal bungs and freebies that MPs get.   The big payoff come when they leave having shown that they have behaved themselves.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@beeceegee wrote:

provide specific examples in support of this allegation

And you're welcome to use google to prove any MP's sainthood.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Jo Swinson is a particularly two-faced politician,  in the past she has campaigned for an EU referendum - but point blank refused to accept / implement the result of the 2016 one.  Campaigned against tuition fees and said they should be free and then voted to triple them, voted for the 'bedroom tax' and other cuts.   I wonder what would happen if ( IF ) Libdums did win enough seats to form a government and then all the other parties said no, we don't accept the result of the election and will not sit in parliament - she would be apoplectic.  She says the country is divided and she can heal that divide,  and how is she planning to do that ? By ignoring the votes of 17.4 million people and pretending the 2016 referendum never happened ?

She has jumped on the stop Brexit bandwagon  as the LibDums only chance to get a few seats in parliament and political expediency does not even begin to describe what they are doing...

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

@billnotben wrote:

And you're welcome to use google to prove any MP's sainthood.

Ah, sorry, my mistake. I naturally assumed you had already carried out detailed research on 650 MPs and produced hard evidence to back your statement. In my naivety I have always assumed it is for the person making an allegation to prove it. 😁

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Unlike another poster, currently missing from this thread, I feel absolutely no need to try and convince others that something I've said is correct or not.

Whether you wish to prove me right or wrong or not at all is of course entirely up to you.🎾

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@billnotben 

And what chance do we have these days when all media sources are suspect and even academic ones are arguable. Well short of being there and maybe having a reliable witness, none. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

@billnotben wrote:

Whether you wish to prove me right or wrong or not at all is of course entirely up to you.🎾

So much for Article 11 of the UN Declaration of Human Rights