cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jimmy Savile dies.

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Jimmy Savile dies.

Does anyone have any idea why BBC News are now flagging up this very old news (29/10/11) as 4/10 of the most  popular Reads?
Angry
5 REPLIES
David_W
Rising Star

Re: Jimmy Savile dies.

Possibly an article has a "related" link at the bottom to Jimmys death.  Oh how the "he will be missed" people wish they could take back them comments  Crazy
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Following the link returns "Page Not Found".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/live_stats/html/map.stm
The most recent related news (within the last few days) seems to be Millwall fans taunting Leeds fans because of Savile's connections with the city.
I suspect skullduggery by mischief makers doing something to manipulate web stats.
Once the item appears in the list lots of people are going to look to see why the heck it's there.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I found it by checking the "most read" listings on the right hand side.. I think it was on the "England" tab at the top of the page....
I also noticed that a lot of the "comments" had been removed by the moderator ....
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Thanks for all your responses - I can't think why the BBC News has that Most Read facility.
One day it will cause the BBC a great deal of embarrassment.
PowerLee
Rising Star

This issue with BBC News website most popular stories was recently brought up in the BBC News Watch program.
Worth a watch if you have a spare 12 minutes:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b049jtmq/newswatch-11072014
The BBC are working on tweaking there news website.