Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jimmy Savile, an appalling catalogue of events

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Jimmy Savile, an appalling catalogue of events

There was something really weird about him, having spent a day with him in various locations in Leeds on a Video shoot in the 1980's, as part of a TV News Crew.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2670444/Jimmy-Savile-abused-corpses-boasted-jewellery-glass-...
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Jimmy Savile, an appalling catalogue of events

Sickens me to hear about this stuff,
Clearly many people must have been aware of his activities but chose to keep quiet for one reason or another,
I can understand those who kept quiet out of fear or embarrassment  but there is no excuse for those in Senior jobs who kept quiet rather than risk their jobs.
Also funny how the press failed to pick up concerns about him as they do not usually miss things like this as there must have been rumours of his behaviour
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

the ones who were senior enough to kill the story were probably in cahoots with him, certainly the man wasn't the immovable force certain people made him out to be and it was only the threats of loosing support for the struggling charities that gave him any real power, and of course that "good work" gave the best cover story of failure to investigate (everyone knows that spurious claims are made against celebrities all the time by people looking for a hand-out or 5 mins of fame)
still I don't suppose with all his "friends" anything would of happened to him all those years ago even if cases had been investigated ....which just proves the elite are finding it harder to hide there corruption but some still manage it despite apparent none stop snooping .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: PlusComUK
There was something really weird about him

Oddly I always thought Rolf Harris was an odd character as a kid. He used to have a kids show on CITV called "Rolfs Cartoon Club" every Thursday and while I cannot dispute his talent as an artist, I always thought the man himself was very strange. Other kids couldn't understand my views about him and yet 20 odd years later I was proven right.
I guess he won't be taking the stairway to heaven afterall  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

5 years & a few months, is all he got Sad Sad Sad
He should of have life, without the remotest chance of parole
Community Veteran

I totally agree! I am shocked that he got such a lenient sentence.
Fixes: 104

which he would today, however he had to be sentenced on the law as it was when the crimes were committed...
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

There are some laws that need to move with the times. Kiddy fiddling is one of them.
Irrespective of what the punishment was back then,he's been found guilty NOW / THIS YEAR / PRESENT DAY and should be punished accordingly. Kiddy fiddling was illegal back then and it is now. He should be punished under our current laws.
TORPC
Grafter

I say bring back public flogging in the stocks, with the Birch, & allow his victims, to punish him accordingly
Community Veteran

Quote from: TORPC
flogging in the stocks, with the Birch

There would probably be a queue of senior civil servants volunteering for that "punishment".
TORPC
Grafter

Yeah true
However
Would they be queuing up for being nourished or punished, or punishing ?Huh
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: billnotben
There would probably be a queue of senior civil servants volunteering for that "punishment".

I guess you've seen, & even a Lord  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2681827/Labour-Lords-sex-attacks-12-children-Horrific-allega...
No wonder our country is messed up Sad
Community Veteran

When these virtual heroes are found guilty don't you feel let down and disappointed. I know I was.
Even when Gary Glitter stood in front of the press I hoped he just would admit his guilt, apologise, and then do his damnedest to put things right.
Devonian
Grafter

Harris was looking pretty frail in the last few pictures on the news, all an act?  Maybe.. but even 2 years time served will be extremely hard on a man like him, used to the finest things in life, I wouldn't be surprised if he never comes out.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Just shows  how rotten the whole system is, first we had the expenses fiddle, then reports such as Chilcot & Kelly are blocked, then the loss of life of hundreds of soldiers in an unnecessary war and now we hear files are missing that could identify those in high places with child abuse, even current MP's seem reluctant for an enquiry to take place but are quick to demand enquiries on less important things in which they are not involved