cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jeremy Boden is now following you on Twitter!

James
Grafter

Jeremy Boden is now following you on Twitter!

But?!
Latest Fad.
Where fools rush in etc...
(I loathe the idea)

Hmmm....  Grin
27 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Jeremy Boden is now following you on Twitter!

Who is Jeremy Boden?  Undecided
anyway, I thought stalking is a criminal offence?  Undecided
James
Grafter

Axisofevil Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Well its nearly Haloween  [Censored]
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): Have had to take the unusual step of censoring a smiley for adult material. Please avoid such emoticons in future.]
Community Veteran

Actually its on Twitter as @crucibleofevil http://twitter.com/crucibleofevil
I think he does understand Twitter as he is ignoring me!
Fixes: 47

...but like me he doesn't see the point in it and has progressed no further.......probably Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

I must admit to signing up for this twittering  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Trouble is I can't be bothered to issue random comments about what I had for breakfast. Grin
I have unignored Santiago Smiley
I don't really understand what to do with all these "twits".
Sorry.

Don't apologise, you have echoed my thoughts on Twitter.
I do however consider it very well named Roll eyes
Community Veteran

OK non believers, I didn't get Twitter at first but now I quite like it although I am still learning about it
Let me give you an example of how useful twitter can be
The other day plusnet was borked, they could not raise a service status and the community was down too.
I was aware of this because plusnet sent a tweet with details of the problem. I received that in real time.
If I notice a problem with the network I can send a tweet to Plusnet and it is picked up immediately and responded to via Twitter
Lots of businesses now use Twitter to support CS, I have had better CS support from Vodafone through Twitter than by email.
Twitter can be used as a messaging system either publicly via tweets or privately by Direct Message.
You can follow / be followed by friends which is nice and sociable, without the rigmarole of the whole facebook / myspace thingys. However if you have facebook you canlink your Twitter account to it.
A bit naff but you can follow celebrities, I like Stephen Fry, he is very witty.
You can follow tech sites that update on latest tech news
You can get news from BBC or CNN and lots of others
Don't bother with the Twitter.com page. Use brizzly.com or Hootsuite.com to manage your Twitter stuff. I use Echofon as an addon in Firefox.
If you have any questions I will try and help you.
Community Veteran

Me too; I heartily recommend Twitter (having used it in different guises for over a year now) and will be happy to assist anyone in getting to grips with it.

I'm tempted to say 'what's to get to grips with' as on the face of it it seems to be another MSN style means of simple text communication......
however from posts around the forum relating to Twitter I guess that may be an over simplification.
Community Veteran

I think I'd say that Twitter is as simple as you want it to be. On the one hand, one can simply use the Twitter website to create occasional status messages and that's it. On the other hand, one can avail themselves of everything in the Twitter ecosystem – from Twitter apps such as those mentioned by Santiago (and many more besides), to 3rd party websites that expand the site's functionality (the most well known probably being twitpic.com)Plus there are things to be aware of on the Twitter website itself, such as the etiquette of retweeting as well as the ability to ‘direct message’ people, and soon there will be more features too such as geocoding and lists.
N/A

I've been following this thread in the faint hope that I might eventually understand what it is about (as a non-twitterer of course). Now it is becoming clear but like others among our party I am not sure that I want to share the minutiae of my life with loads of other folk (can't see that they would be interested anyway).
Jeremy - you may have been taken in but it's not too late - you can recant.  Wink
scootie
Grafter

whats a list then twitter fanboys. just logged in after reading this ( i only use it as a service status for a few things, plusnet being one) and have a list following me its peter  from here.
so whats the diffrence from a standard follower to a list following you?
James
Grafter

At a guess - I've not used lists myself, you can add specific people into a list and follow that list chronologically.
It doesn't add any benefit for me personally.