Jam / Cream or Cream / Jam?

Fixes: 101

Jam / Cream or Cream / Jam?

Well it was asked for  Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks
46 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Jam / Cream or Cream / Jam?

bung the jam on first and it's easier to drop the cream on top.  you can have more jam that way too. Grin

My thoughts exactly
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

ah?  great minds, then. Wink
N/A

Jam then Cream FTW!

See none of the cream then jam weirdo's want to defend their position  Wink  Crazy
Will Moderate For Thanks
N/A

They clearly know its an indefensible position. Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I like Cream then Jam as I can see how much jam I have got, but every time I try and put more jam on it pushes the cream off.
So I have to put jam then cream
Plus it all get mixed up inside any way Crazy Crazy Crazy Tongue Roll eyes
N/A

It all goes to make a poo....
(Who said that? Jim Royle?)
craigyoung
Grafter

Jam then cream is the official Devonshire way.  At least, that's what a girlfriend from Okehampton told me.....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hope I`m not overstepping the mark here..... as an Ex Traditional English Tea Room owner..... the following might tie the three threads together.
A traditional cream tea consists of  1 or 2 scones, Jam, and cream or butter if requested, plus the traditional china tea service.
Tea is served by putting a small amount of milk in the cup first, then the tea is poured in...... this is the traditional way, since the early china tended to crack when hot tea was put directly into the cup, the milk reduced the initial temperature thus saving precious china cups.
Scones are pronounced SKONS by "normal" people who wish to enjoy an "upper class" type refreshment, however, the "upper class" have always had a way of talking and pronunciation that made them "different" from the general masses !.
Scones are usually served warm, and sliced in two, horizontally, if butter is supplied, some would put butter on each half, then jam and then cream.  if no butter, then the jam first,  then the cream is the "correct" and "traditional" way to eat them.
Although the pic is called Parish Pump..... the building in the background is the Tea room
  Smiley
geewizz
Grafter

There we go then.
Right James,it has gone 3 o'clock and I believe it's your turn to make the tea. Get the Plusnet china out.
Community Veteran

James is skiving^Woff this afternoon Wink
I only know because he's bombarding me with his achievements on Guitar Hero 3 on MSN Wink
B.
geewizz
Grafter

Doh! I've been sitting here for half an hour waiting on my mug of Plusnet i-tea to come winging down the line and out of my CD tray.
Tell James from me that if his Mum catches him with her tights around his head like that, he'll be in Dire Straits.
craigyoung
Grafter

And there's no Cure for that. 
Especially if his playing is Garbage.
Grin