Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jade Goody dies...

pcoventry
Grafter

Jade Goody dies...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7925719.stm
Feel really sad.. No-one deserves what she went through and of all the days to die.. Mothers Day..
Cry
10 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: Jade Goody dies...

She made use of the media to ensure that her children had money but what about those in similar situations who did not have the media to help out?  The good side of it is that she made young women more aware of how important it is to have smear tests.
She should be left to rest in peace now.
Community Veteran

yes, the one good point to come out of all this is the increase in smear tests being given to women.  Hopefully more lives will be saved as a result.
techguy
Grafter

Very sad indeed
Lets hope this puts more focus onto all types of cancer and finding a cure.
Community Veteran

On the news this morning they said the increase in smear tests had been enormous. 
StickyMick
Grafter

I'm afraid she wasn't one of my favorite celebs, due to her (in)famous behaviour on BB. However, I must say that, after losing an uncle to cancer in 2006 and after my sisters battle with cervical cancer (which so far she has won *fingers crossed*) and my aunt losing much of her arm to skin cancer, it must be a dreadful thing to have to endure.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I agree with StickMick, she was never my favorite person, but nobody deserves to die like that so young. Hopefully something really good will continue come out of it all.
Some might however, be in danger of getting into another "Princess Diana" public sympathy outbreak. A St Jade epitaph would not be appropriate.
I wonder how much her "publicist" Max Clifford has gained out of it, and whether his activities will decently cease now...somehow I suspect not. Although to be fair, her very commendable desire to look after her children would probably have come to not much without him.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

In a radio interview Max Clifford said he was not taking a fee for helping raise the money for the children.  Apparently he has worked with her since last April so will have charged for his services up to the recent work.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

It is more than likely that Max Clifford did it for free as he has only recently lost his wife to Cancer
Euge
Grafter

I noticed that max clifford was in Portugal when the news wanted to speak to him bbc or 3 I forget which, he must have some pr work over there at the moment plus the nicer weather 20+ degrees is nice
Community Veteran

From memory I think he has a place over there.  I guess a lot of his work he can do from anywhere or leave it to his staff.