cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its that time again...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Its that time again...

Its around 5:30 of a Sunday and I'm in the kitchen preparing our evening meal and, I hear a chuckle from the living room, a peek round the door find SWMBO is watching "You've been framed" I retreat thankfully to my toil.
For the life of me I cannot or have I ever seen anything remotely funny or entertaining with this programme or others like it. Mrs P is a normally intelligent sane person but finds it hugely funny.
What I can't get my head round is entirely normal situations that have sometimes quite arbitrary accidents seem to have somebody ready armed with a video (that was was available when most were filmed) camera, just by chance!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Its that time again...

When I was young I used to find these shows very entertaining and funny. Now I think they're boring, predictable and if I'm honest, utterly pointless.
Like me though, I suspect they are still very appealing to the young who no doubt keep the ratings up enough to keep the advertising revenue streaming in.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

@Petlew, I have to agree with you.  I see nothing remotely funny about the programme. 
Fixes: 104

Me either.. but I bet if it were on youtube you'd all be posting links to them here like it was going out of fashion Tongue Wink Roll eyes
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Quote from: dvorak
Me either..
Just had a check for you and there's plenty on Youtube if you're interested Cool Wink
Fixes: 125

I think the first 1 or 2 series back in the early 90's were funny but then it became much of a muchness and totally contrived.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I rememer watching that programme as a kid.
They still repeat the same clips (with the year greyed out, so you can't tell it was from 20 years ago).
At least itv haven't dissaspointed me.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Candid Camera is the real benchmark.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Roberto0151
Grafter

I think it's not only these programs that seem to be aimed primarily at juveniles.  Much of the "comedy" on both TV and radio these days seems to me to be on a par with what was current when I was a twelve year old schoolboy.  Or is it just me being grumpy? Angry