cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its a sobering thought

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Its a sobering thought

That after the current round of army cuts, the entire standing (regular) army could be sat comfortably in the Wembley stadium.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Its a sobering thought

I dunno whats wrong with the leaders of this country I really don't. I watched that program last night about how councils waste our money.. absolutely sickening. One bloke lives in brighton yet is a councillor for a council 70 miles away. He gets his allowance and doesn't even attend any meetings  Roll eyes How can this be allowed? Another has a chauffeur driven car to take him 3.5 minutes walk to a mosque. Another one took 24 flights around the world on 'government' business? - A councillor doing government work? - What rubbish is this? All the time the councils are saying they can't afford to keep your library open or fix the potholes in your streets while milking every last penny they can get for themselves.
I'll stop there.. I'm starting to get depressed again  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Is there anyone that thinks their council is doing a value for money job?
Community Veteran

A staggering silence there lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: billnotben
Is there anyone that thinks their council is doing a value for money job?

I think my local council does a very good job.  They can always do better but they do try.  Furthermore we haven't had any libraries closed Smiley
If you don't like what your council is doing then you can vote to replace them.  Many of the moaners don't try to influence things with their council.
Fixes: 47

....and if you consider none of them are any good Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Petlew
the entire standing (regular) army could be sat comfortably in the Wembley stadium.

OK, I'm confused - If the army is standing, how could they be sat? Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Our council does a pretty good job, no cuts in services, still a high standard. Recently one of the wheels broke off our 'green-wheelie-bin'. I rang to mention it to the waste department, new one turned up couple of days later, was surprised when the delivery guy said "Can't send  it away empty", proceeded to help me fill it with tree pruning's.
I was reading somewhere recently that the Royal Navy has more Admirals than Warships (brass creep).
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: journeys

I was reading somewhere recently that the Royal Navy has more Admirals than Warships (brass creep).

As predicted in C Northcote Parkinson's Parkinson's Law in 1957.
Not young enough to know everything
Oxymoron99

Do you know the name of the BBC programme?