cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It wasn't me - Honest Guv !!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

It wasn't me - Honest Guv !!!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10903747.Steak_and_kidney_pie__destroyed__in_cooking_fire/
Firefighters were called to deal with a cooking fire at a flat in Mudeford Road at 6.24pm on Saturday.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the fire had ‘destroyed one steak and kidney pie’.
There was minor smoke damage to the kitchen.
I don't need a fire to destroy a steak and kidney pie  Sad Shocked Grin
21 REPLIES
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: It wasn't me - Honest Guv !!!

Makes me wonder why they had to call out the fire brigade?
Fixes: 125

You beat me to it - exactly the question I was going to ask Undecided
Some people just crave attention!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Oldjim
]I don't need a fire to destroy a steak and kidney pie  Sad Shocked Grin

Me neither, just the bin - open and throw it in!  Cheesy
Disgusting flavour anyway lol. Admittedly Fray Bentos is manageable but the others are vile.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
myredhotcar
Grafter

The tinned pie is the very pinnacle of human culinary achievement.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

meh the fire-fighters union are resorting to fear and extortion again today in an attempt to change their pay and pension's, its way passed time the government called time on the unions the fire-fighters already get paid far to much considering they are allowed a second job and only work for 6 months a year .........
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Why pick on firefighters, there are a lot of people who work far less than 6 months of the year and get paid a lot more for doing very little.
A Certain co-op chairman comes to mind should you be looking for an example but there are plenty of others.
nanotm
Pro

because there the only public sector workers who have such a disproportionately favourable deal, everyone else has to work far longer, gets paid less and has a lower pension pot at the end of it (grade for grade that is)
and the unions started crying the fire-fighters require a bigger pension pot and higher wages oh and it needs to come along with an increase in overall budget because they want some new (currently experimental) gear and because they negotiated crap maintenance contracts for the current gear they need to get better ones that operate in house rather than sending everything off premises for weeks at a time....
the union play for strike action on some of the most important nights of the year (call out rates wise) is designed to invoke fear and terror in the masses in order to extort the monies they want without actually offering to do anything in return, and all because in their abstract greed in the run up to the last settlement they neglected to read the pension regulations (2003) which explicitly added the no pension before 55 rules even though they went on strike 3 months after the law was past (in the misguided belief the law would change again in order to get them exempted from it if they went on strike often enough) 
that's why I made my post about them, not because the liabore introduced pension laws and finance act (03 amended 07) which need getting rid of (because there wholly unfit for purpose and unfairly disadvantage existing scheme members) were unknown at the time they signed the last pay +pensions deal but because they are refusing to comply with the law crying crocodile tears about raised retirement ages and fewer jobs (if they didn't keep contracting everything out they could of kept the old farts round the station houses looking after everything when the fit ones were off doing the job)
the whole thing is a sham concocted by unions who are shamelessly attempting to increase there funding from higher wage rates whilst still doing nothing other than propping up Red Ed & Co
myredhotcar
Grafter

nanotm
Pro

your suggesting they put the union people in giant "shower blocks"?
not something I personally would advocate but each to there own I guess .....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

TBH the only fitting end to an anything & Kidney pie is BURN IT  Lips are sealed
Fixes: 125

Quote from: 7up
Disgusting flavour anyway lol. Admittedly Fray Bentos is manageable but the others are vile.

I hate the texture and flavour of kidney anyway so it usually end up on the side of the plate. But I agree that the Fray Bentos ones are much better.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

myredhotcar
Grafter

Quote from: nanotm
your suggesting they put the union people in giant "shower blocks"?

Read it again but properly this time. Concentrate.
Community Veteran

I hear that global warming has led to fewer Kate and Sidney Pie plants in Argentina. Value and love your pies or they may become extinct.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro

no need I am already well aware that the Nazis started off as union workers who gained to much power through strike action!
I'm also well aware of the way the poem has been misused time and again, it doesn't apply unless your preparing for genocide, declaring a union an illegal organisation or drafting a law that removes there ability to hold employers to ransom at critical times to unfairly leverage a pay increase is nothing to do with marching off "undesirables" to the gas chamber though it is however about making things fair for both employees and employers, something the way current unions work completely fails to achieve (just look at how few people are required to attend a meeting and vote to take action and then force that action onto all the workers who were absent from the meeting.....clearly leveraging a minority greed view and then using the law to force compliance by those who cared about the complaint so little they didn't even attend the meeting......

if you want to go dragging up historical works you'd be better off with material from the toll puddle martyrs (although that would support my viewpoint) rather than anti genocide rhetoric from those who committed it