cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It seems to happen more frequently to me lately.

Fixes: 125

It seems to happen more frequently to me lately.

You know those times (cue X-files or Twighlight music) when the actual word you are currently reading on the PC/ in a book/newspaper and so forth is spoken at the same time on the TV or in a song playing the background.
I'm not talking of common words like 'and', 'the', etc but less common ones. I just seem to notice it happening a lot these day  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

22 REPLIES
community
Grafter

Re: It seems to happen more frequently to me lately.

The answer to your query is simple.
We are all living in a time-space capsule, sometimes known as a parallel world and as a consequence time can sometimes "slip" forwards or backwards.
I experience this phenomenon very often and have come to accept it without a thought.
You probably already read my reply before it appeared on your monitor!
Fixes: 104

personally I think you're going insane. but that's just me.
Will Moderate For Thanks
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Coincidences happen now and then - 'twould be really spooky if they never did.
Not young enough to know everything
Fixes: 47

I also subscribe to the parallel universe solution where multiple time-frames coexist in the same physical space.
As community says time slippage between our and another parallel existence can reveal glimpses of the past or the future manifesting themselves as coincidences of the nature you describe.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 104

how much does your subscription cost? Roll eyes
Will Moderate For Thanks

An insane amount of money Wink
community
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
I also subscribe to the parallel universe solution where multiple time-frames coexist in the same physical space.
As community says time slippage between our and another parallel existence can reveal glimpses of the past or the future manifesting themselves as coincidences of the nature you describe.

WE are not alone in this belief .
We have to admit that it is a belief and not a proven fact but so is religion!
I first came across the belief in parallel universes and the instability of 'time' when ages ago I met a father who had just lost his son but was not too perturbed because he fully believed in parallel time and was sure that he would be able to slip back (or forward) to be with his son again.
Did anyone see the short series of the make up of the universe a little while ago, in which the young professor talked about parallel universes and the description of time as a fact not fiction.

Yes I saw that, very interesting.
Brian Cox I believe.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Amazing what people believe !
It's all to do with our creative minds, look at all the things humans have created both now and in the past.
In short we invent things and love a good story but there is a difference between fact and fiction but for some people some fiction becomes fact.
We all consider the question, 'What is the purpose of life ?' and each person will answer in a different way and for most it will be impossible to accept there is no purpose but that answer may be just as true as any other answer or be true until an alternative answer can be proved.
That's your thought for the day ! Wink

In reply to my original post, I actually believe in coincidence  Cheesy  Cool

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: 4C
Coincidences happen now and then - 'twould be really spooky if they never did.

Psalm 46 is a classic example of coincidences
community
Grafter

Professor Brian Cox OBE
in 1997, Cox was awarded his PhD degree in high energy particle physics at the University of Manchester, based on his thesis drawn from work he did for the H1 experiment at the particle accelerator HERA at the DESY laboratory in Hamburg. He is a Royal Society University Research Fellow based in the Particle Physics group at the University of Manchester, where he holds a chair in Particle Physics. He currently works on the ATLAS experiment at CERN in Geneva, and his main research interest is a collaborative project aimed at upgrading ATLAS and CMS with forward proton detectors 420m away from the interaction points. He has worked at the H1 experiment at DESY in Hamburg, and the D0 experiment at the Tevatron at Fermilab, Chicago.

How strange...
Was just reading a topic within the Feedback forum where jameseh states:
We have not been helped by a period of BT instability on our central bandwidth infrastructure or the recent weather leading to BT declaring MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control) across large areas of the country.

As I was reading this so I got a pop-up from JDownloader to enter a capture with the words...

thunder storm
Weird or what Cheesy

David_W
Rising Star

If you're going for coincidence then "it's a small world" is apt.  I was working in Bristol several years ago, after that I moved back down to Cornwall, Hayle (a small town) and not long after the small local shop (really just a small room) was re-opened by the brother of the guy I worked with in Bristol.  Carrying on, my brother was in Bristol visiting there and he bumped into an old family friend from down here in Hayle who was also visiting the same place in Bristol that he was!  Major coincidences...
As for parallel worlds, they should exist, there should be an infinite number of them too with new ones constantly being created (infinity +1).  Simply put, you're in a shop and you see something that interests you, you walk up to it and look at the price tag, £9.99.  You then have a choice, buy the item or not buy the item, once the choice is made the universe branches off, in one universe you decided to buy the item and in another you decided to not buy the item, I think the theory is that anything that could possibly happen in the universe has actually happened in the universe because of the multiple parallel universe theory.  I think it was an Arthur C Clarke book I read where two people were discussing the theory and how because of it in one universe the man would go home and be attacked by a tiger (because anything that could possibly happen will happen).  Turns out it was the universe they were in, he went home and got attacked by a tiger.