cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's the kettle's fault

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

It's the kettle's fault

Apparently if you have an eco-friendly electric plug-in vehicle, you may have to forgo your early morning cup of tea.

You'll need a 100 Amp main fuse in your power supply to fast charge your car's battery, but even this would leave not much amp availability for things such as kettles and washing machines. 

The National Grid reckons there's enough power, but for how many cars?  Perhaps we should have local micro power stations to avoid electric power transmission loss. Of course these local generators would be fuelled by ...?

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: It's the kettle's fault

AlaricAdair wrote:

Of course these local generators would be fuelled by ...?

DIESEL!!!!! Funny

Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

twocvbloke wrote: 

DIESEL!!!!! Funny

Or (being electric)...D.Cells. Cool smiley

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I know,,, we should all erect a suitable wind turbine in our gardens or on our roofs. Those living in windless areas should fit solar panels. On the coast, individual tidal power is the way to go with thousands of reciprocating pumps all along the beaches..

Government assistance will of course not be available, but we can rest easily in the knowledge that at a stroke we have solved the countries unemployment problems.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

petlew wrote:

individual tidal power is the way to go

I remember a newspaper article about a person who obtained "free" electricity by setting up a small turbine in his bath powered by the baths tap. At the time I thought it was a clever idea but it was of course in a time before water meters. Now, that would be a very expensive way of generating electricity.

I don't remember how they were found out. By the extremely low bill or the constance running water?