rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: It`s not all about sinking ships and killing people

Oh yes the navy is doing a good job there Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

You forgot to mention that is the australian navy there shutter...

Our own navy does similar drugs busts and i seem to remember they were "interfacing" with the somali pirates a while back too.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Er... no... ... the story is about the British and French Navy..... taking control of the TASK FORCE  which comprises of several naval ships from several countries.... that particular "bust" was carried out under the direction of the Task Force... and was carried out by the Australian ship...

as mentioned further down...

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

Based in Bahrain, they direct the daily movements of half a dozen warships - including UK frigate HMS Monmouth at present

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

There is also another task force working in the Mexican Gulf area... with british and american ships doing the same job...  and having some good success... as posted previously last year..

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

All very professional @shutter but really, what's the point.

As with home grown bobbies on the bust why not let those that wish to indulge in the heavy stuff do so. Using a multi million pound task force on the other side of the world makes no sense to me, none at all.

Prohibition is never going to work - the Americans tried it on home soil for over ten years and for what, literally millions of dollars in lost revenue and considerably more millions to enforce. It was a tail chasing-failure of the first magnitude and caused a massive rise in organised crime.

Sound familiar?  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

I'd still prefer the sinking ships bit.

Instead of recovering the heroin by all means arrest the perpetrators but then why not use their boat for target practice and sink the lots drugs and all.

Community Veteran

@Minivanman OK... taking your thesis a little further... "Whats the point?"    from what you are saying.... it is a waste of time money and effort trying to stop drug smuggling... therefore we should not do it... and let the "drug barons" rule and control our lives....yes... yours as well...

in other words... "Whats the point of having car insurance....

house insurance...

speed limits....

seat belt law...

drink/drug drivingn laws..

air traffic control....

immigration law...

food health and hygeine law...

customer protection law..

financial and trading law.... 

Etc etc etc. ? ? ?   

. how far are you prepared to say " Whats the point? "  before it actually affects your life... your family`s life, and your health and well being, as it is today ?

If a member of your family was to get "hooked" on drugs that are freely available, because of your  "What`s the point " attitude.... and they start  to steal from you, your nneighbours, and end up dead through an overdose.... perhaps you would be saying something entirely different... like

Why didn`t someone do something to stop this....     and perhaps they would reply.... "What`s the point ? "  

Minivanman
Hero

@billnotben

Well with all the high tech at our disposal I very much doubt we need the target practice. I thought it was all laser guided missiles these days - and a little pop gun of sorts on the front of the ship. Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Minivanman
Hero

@shutter

Well I can see what you are getting at, but to stay with drugs for the moment.....

Make it legal, and what happens to those drug barons?

Community Veteran

aHA !... SO   ... a change of stance now, then.... what`s the point?  ..... now becomes...  "what`s the point, if it is legal"...

That is SOME  "U" turn... from the previous post

IF you made all the items I have mentioned, that are currently illegal/against the law.... then you would not need police... or judges.. or jails ... or wardens... (parking or otherwise)...   as you said... "What`s the point.... "

Minivanman
Hero

No u-turn, just trying to stay on course Wink 

Community Veteran

@Minivanman  Well, I think I made the point... and your score was " Nil Pwah" ! ! !  Cheesy