cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's all alright as long as you know what happens..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It's all alright as long as you know what happens..

David Cameron.. most inconsiderate and self centred hypocritical PM of my lifetime:

After calling out the leccy board to reset his trip switch (that he couldn't be bothered to check himself) he refers back to the sound of music he was watching on TV by saying:

So he had his sound of music disturbed by a trip and called out the leccy board who were trying to fix thousands of homes supply?
Incredible.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
24 REPLIES
RichAllen
Grafter

Re: It's all alright as long as you know what happens..

The guy is clearly an idiot, but we all knew that anyway.
Him and his mate Gideon Osborne can go jump off a cliff IMO, preferably with no Parachutes.
randpwar
Grafter

I don't agree with them politically one little bit, but......that's a bit harsh
Fixes: 125

We regularly get outages and the first thing I do is look out the window to see if anyone else is affected. If no-one else is off then we check the trip switch.
We had a situation earlier this month where the power went down and the main trip was off. We turned it back on and within seconds went off again. Now our house was wired in the 18th century (lol) so had no idea where the fault may be. The bathroom ceiling had collapsed last year and a quick repair done while we await the landlord's insurers to give the go ahead so my thoughts were that, with the recent heavy downpours, water had got into the lighting circuit.
I turned all trips to off and gradually put each circuit back on leaving the downstairs lighting till last and, sure enough, it all went off again. Called the letting agent who got an electrician to come out and he checked the bathroom light which was bone dry. So that was a red herring.
He asked if we had any outside lighting and we told him yes but it never worked since we moved in and as we didn't need it we never thought any more about it. It turned out that  outside lamp cover was full with rain water causing the short that tripped the main fuse.
Quite why it didn't simply trip the downstairs lighting only I have no idea. And, as the light switch was always set to off why would it still trip out? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable in electrics could enlighten me Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

David Cameron suffered a Blackout.... and called...... The leccy board?  ?  ? 
surely his wife should have called the ambulance, to take him away to A&E... ( that`s short for Anywhere & Else ... )  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Quote from: RichAllen
The guy is clearly an idiot, but we all knew that anyway.
Him and his mate Gideon Osborne can go jump off a cliff IMO, preferably with no Parachutes.

I can think of someone else who should join them Grin Grin
Devonian
Grafter

I have a list as long as your arm @Artmo.  Grin
Poor old DC, missing out on the Sound of Music. 
Luckily he wasn't interrupted when he was cooking Christmas dinner!
He did cook didn't he?  Roll eyes
RichAllen
Grafter

Nope, he has servants for that Cheesy
TORPC
Grafter

What is more important the TV or the UK population (That's the official UK population) which is a no brainer if your DC (use your own abbreviations) Roll eyes
Devonian
Grafter

If the sound of music was on my tv, I would have welcomed a power cut!
TORPC
Grafter

He was most likely watching a Pay per View blue film and looked at the TV/Guide and T.S.O.M was the only film his braincell could remember Roll eyes
Devonian
Grafter

Are you suggesting the PM charges pay per view to his expenses account TORPC?  Crazy
TORPC
Grafter

It would not surprise me if he did, especially when they are trying to filter only what they want us mere mortals to see Roll eyes Wink
Devonian
Grafter

But surely thinking for us, and taking away our freedom of choice is the best for society?  Angry
TORPC
Grafter

Its all about control
Look at
SH = Sadam H
AH = Adolph H
etc