cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's a new one on me...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

It's a new one on me...

I can't see what the catch is with this, unless it's a phishing exercise.
Email from 'my good friend', that I've never met or heard off...

Hello my friend

How are you doing today? I wish to inform you that I finally succeeded in transferring the US$3.8 million to Japan where i am residing presently with my
only son. I decided to compensate you for your efforts in this transaction with the sum of $450,000 dollars which i made out in
an ATM Card and kept it with my spiritual father for you. Kindly Contact him immediately on the contact details described
below;

Rev. Father John Clegg
St. Mark Church of England
Phone: +234 8053003087
E-mail: rev.jclegg@yahoo.com

He Will send your ATM Card to you without delay. I thank you once more for all your time and effort.

Best regard
Dr. Larry Smith
If rather have air miles.. Cheesy

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: It's a new one on me...

you could try this one instead
Morning,
My name is Trang Drehobl, I'm a Recruiting Manager with a US company. I came across your CV online, and after reviewing it, we would like to offer you a Regional Manager vacancy with our newly formed International department. Here is the opening summary:
Vacancy Name: Regional Manager
Starting Wages: 2,950 EUR per month plus bonuses
Hours: Full-time and part-time shifts
Place of work: UK, Poland, Greece, Switzerland, Hungary, France, Portugal, Denmark, Netherlands and other EU countries
This is a home-based position, which means that you will be working remotely, over the Internet. As our Regional Manager you will be communicating with our clients in Europe, providing your senior executives with the information on the schedule, quality and budget of services ordered by them, and managing local contractors. No sales will be required!
If you want to apply for this job, please respond to Zavrazina.Nadezhda45@gmail.com and let us know when you are available. Important: The number of people to take this job is limited!
---
Yours sincerely,
Trang Drehobl
Fixes: 125

Quote from: doris
and kept it with my spiritual father for you.

I thought, till I read further, that a seance may be necessary.
Out of interest, have you thought of ringing the number - reversing the charges, of course Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

+234... = Nigerian phone number.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

And yet another!  Cheesy
Hi,
My name is Raye Skillern, I'm  a Stafffing Executive with an American company. I came across your CV in the Internet, and after reading it, we would like to offer you a Regional Manager job with our newly formed European department. Here is the job summary:
Job Title: Regional Manager
Base Salary: 2,950 EUR per month plus bonuses
Schedule: Full-time and part-time options
Location: UK, Poland, Greece, Switzerland, Hungary, France, Portugal, Denmark, Netherlands and other EU countries
This is a home-based position, which means that you will be working remotely, over the Internet. As our Regional Manager you will be working with our clients in Europe, providing your senior managers with the information on the schedule, quality and budget of products ordered by them, and managing local staff members. No sales are involved!
If you want to apply for this vacancy, please reply to Elizaveta.Zavyalova69@gmail.com and let us know when you can start. Attention: The number of people to take this job is limited!
---
Sincerely yours,
Raye Skillern

Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I think there is a clue here.......

Attention: The number of people to take this job is limited!

Yeah... normally....... ONE !...  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
Quote from: doris
and kept it with my spiritual father for you.

I thought, till I read further, that a seance may be necessary.
Out of interest, have you thought of ringing the number - reversing the charges, of course Cheesy

I think maybe I'll break up the phone number into digits to select numbers for three lotto. I'll have a better chance of getting something there.. Cheesy
But the truly worrying thing is that they keep sending these out, so someone must respond our they would stop doing it.
Community Veteran

db you are being too harsh. There are some genuine generous dead Nigerian Princes out there. I've made contact with one who has personally guaranteed me $500,000 as a finders fee just as soon as my cheque clears.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.