cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's a conspiracy - OR IS IT?

Loombucket
Grafter

It's a conspiracy - OR IS IT?

As a spasmodic poster on this revered forum I feel it is my duty to you all to draw your attention to an insidious threat to our freedom that is gradually taking over forums all over the country.
In the last few weeks many forums have been subjected to this - a new member will sign up and promptly commence posting theories, stories and quasi-political rants relating not one jot to either the subject of the forum or indeed reality in general.
Now, this could simply be a coincidence, a series of random unconnected attention-seeking idiots whose political leanings are just marginally to the right of Attila The Hun and whose IQs approximately equate to their shoe sizes.
...BUT IS IT?
I put it to you good people that we are being invaded by a Government backed conspiracy to undermine free speech, stifle reasoned debate and promote conspiracy theories so off-the-wall that all credibility existing in the forums concerned is devalued by the content of these preposterous ramblings.  You can easily recognise these perpetrators by a common denominator that appears to confirm that all these emanate from a common source, namely the unusual habit of RANDOMLY inserting words using all CAPITAL letters, as if to emphasize the EXCESSIVELY LUDICROUS nature of their protestations.  They also tend to use sentences that are a tad too long.
As I see it, there is only one way to combat the insidious creep of this initiative to undermine our right to a lunatic-free (well, relatively) forum, and that is to band together and present a united front that says to these people WE DON'T CARE.
I have therefore formed a new local political party - the Canterbury Regional Apathy Party (I was going to go global with it but I really can't be arsed).  Our object will be to make it clear to all proponents of conspiracy theories that we DON'T GIVE A TOSS.
The main aim of the C.R.A.P. is to introduce a third way, neither supporting nor opposing any motion, but simply providing a voice to the otherwise silent and ignored majority who COULDN'T GIVE A TOSS EITHER WAY.  We will establish a third lobby in the House Of Commons, not only will we have the Ayes and the Noes, we'll have the "Who Cares" lobby.
This could become national by Election Day.  If so,  support the C.R.A.P. all you can by following my example and not voting at all in this election.  If enough of us do it we could end up RUNNING THE COUNTRY.
....wassat?  No nurse, it can't be time for my medication yet - anyway if you'd only take this silly jacket off me I could take it myself......

20 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: It's a conspiracy - OR IS IT?

Vote Loony - you know it makes sense  Crazy
MrC
Grafter

You forgot to mention the lol word.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I'm in...I'd like to be apathetic, but I don't care anymore!
But I think you had the answer in your third paragraph...but who cares!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Best giggle I've had all day.  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I would like to put forward a motion..... (!)
whenever there is a "conspiracy" thread posted, the standard response from those members of the "Canterbury Regional Apathy Party " should be the entry of the intials of the said party and nothing else..... e.g.

C.R.A.P

If this were accepted, by the committee, members (of the party ) could enhance the response, by using the color changer above, to a colour that suited their mood at the time of posting.
Unless, of course, the party commisar has his own preference for party colours to be utilized for the purpose......  E.g.  C. R. A. P.
johpal
Grafter

Is the C.R.A.P. in any danger of losing its deposit after the election?  Crazy
Community Veteran

I probably won't be very popular for saying this, but… I'm afraid the oh-so-coincidental acronymic nature of this particular Canterbury-based party is in danger of invoking the swear filter (in other words, I'm saying it's one of the forum's banned words). I'm happy for the jovial discussions to continue in this thread the way they already are, but responses of a nature such as that suggested by shutter above should be avoided.
Loombucket
Grafter

Shutter, your proposal was duly put before the committee and was unanimously approved........well, actually nobody could be bothered to raise any objection so it was shrugged through.
However, in a bid to avoid any trouble from the moderators it has been suggested that, instead of using the acronym C.R.A.P. people should express their support for our party (and their displeasure at the invidious invasion) by using our party's relatively innocuous digital sign instead - a lowercase letter L surrounded by three fullstops.
Thus....
.l..

Community Veteran

I'd like to propose shutter for chairman of the .i.. party...

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

seconded
dick:quote
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Petlew
I'd like to propose shutter for chairman of the .i.. party...

How can you propose someone for chairman when you can't even spell the name of the party correctly? Tongue
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Capital!! thats a good point.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

found a good book for some one to read
MrC
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
How can you propose someone for chairman when you can't even spell the name of the party correctly? Tongue
Seems eminently qualified to me  Roll eyes