Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It`s a bit warm today !

Highlighted
Fixes: 460

Re: It`s a bit warm today !

It's going wild outside today.

21mph wind, 17.8 degrees C and a big drop in atmospheric pressure resulting in the wind.

Pressure.JPG

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 79.0 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Same here in Essex Strat. It's more like a late autumn day here today.

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

House Central Heating on for 30 minutes late afternoon.

And again for Shower time early morning.

Forecast chilly 12ºC until late Wednesday, with daily 12mm ish Rain for two days.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 18.43.37.jpg

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@twocvbloke wrote: the power's gone off, thank goodness for a geek like me having backups... 😁

One reason I have a small UPS on the router / modem. The internet never disconnects, so if the power is off for any length of time, we can still use portable devices.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@idonno wrote:

One reason I have a small UPS on the router / modem.

I've three UPS units, one Belkin thing with euro-sockets for the main router downstairs (BT Smart Hub thingy, wifi ain't as great as they say it is in the ads, no wonder they peddle addon boosters in their packages!), one small Tripp Lite up here for the Netgear router (with silly powerful & reliable wifi), and a larger Tripp Lite for my NVR/Media Server and also has a couple lights connected to it for when the server is shut down... 🙂

Also have battery options such as my solar power setup keeping an ex-car battery topped up, some ex-laptop battery packs made up into 12v packs to run other 12v things, and a 150w 12v inverter for use when there's a need for other mains devices that my UPSes can't power due to not being in the right place...

Oh, and plenty petrochemical lighting too, in the form of gas and paraffin mantle lamps, aswell as some hurricane lamps, which aren't hurricane-ready as a fart could blow them out... 😂

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

A few years back, I had a power cut. Then it came back on half a day later.

At my local pub, opposite me someone said "They're just cycling it around places". It will go here off at around 9pm.

I laughed it off, not believing it. It happened around 9:10.

He was right, so I went and saw my sister (10 mins bus journey).

Turned out, someone around Dartford tried to nick some cables and cut them. They got electrocuted. That caused the power cut. Well if that isn't justice I don't what is.

It was an inconcience for us of course, but I know the more serious things. Say in hosptials if caused a loss of life for someone who wanted to steal something for a few £'s.

Sorry all I will try and stop ranting.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Attempted theft of live power lines is just an example of nature's evolution in action, survival of the smartest, electrocution for the idiots... 😂

Do they not show Jimmy's "shocking" death any more in schools? 🤣

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yep back in the days when ITV was good (so before the 1991 Franchise round), Carlton took over (spit) and they employed someone with the false misguided assumption that Ant and Dec have talent as presenters. "Great I get to see someone who I don't know eating bugs". This is why I hardly watch TV anymore.

One series I did like was London's Burning and I remember them filming it near where my college is when I were studying my A Levels.

Very good, I have some of the series on DVD and they had a very similar scene of someone doing that.

I am sure the series is true to life, and it shows what a difficult job they do.

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

FWIW: The complete Londons Burning is available to watch for free on the UK TV Play app / smart TV device or online via there website.

Ding dong merrily on high, the sub has got no eyebrows 😅

I must admit the later series where a bit rubbish & not really worth watching.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Thanks, didn't know that.

Yes - after a while and watching the later series I lost interest in it. So I understand what you mean.

Highlighted
Pro

For those interested in statistics i of weather there is a vast amount of information at OGIMET.

You can search for your nearest location but for me Manchester Airport (aka Ringway!) is 03351

Lots of tables in the sidebar links too.

Enjoy!

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

14°C today. What a difference from last week. And decidedly chilly, wet, windy. In fact, you could call it downright miserable! 🤣

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Back on course for a typical British summer....

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Wimbledon should have started today and that is often a sign of bad weather  🎾

We have had the sun burst through a few times thisafternoon but it hasn't stayed for long.