cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Official.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

It's Official.

Not only are the government quite happy to stand by and watch Melrose slowly destroy GKN, now this:

screenshot_799

I would say it is now official that they do not give a damn about us, the population but the bean counters and bankers.

We seem to be of no importance to them at all. All of our once great things that our nation worked hard to pay for are being stripped from us - who paid for them. This is a national disgrace. It is almost like they are deliberately trying to invite trouble or an invasion and all of this in the very times when Putin is becoming a serious problem and attempting to kill people on our land.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
41 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: It's Official.

Budget pressures have meant the Tornado withdrawal has been accelerated Crazy3

They dont care about our defence , only to save money Sad  so much for 100 years of RAF celebrations

“Because we do not know when or even if we will take delivery of the promised 48 F-35Bs it means we are facing the loss of our three Tornado squadrons for just one F-35B squadron of 12 aircraft.”

Air Chief Marshal Hillier, said: “Our control of the air is now being challenged, as we have seen with the Russians in Syria and through other state-based threats.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/939851/Tornado-GR4s-are-grounded-due-to-defence-cuts-raf

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Infinity
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Tornado 

After burners on..... near vertical take-of.

Fantastic.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Strange how this Daily Mail story is not being carried by the BBC or the Guardian for example. The Express has it of course but few if any others - so what's going on.

It's a fine aircraft to be sure and I've watch more than a few take off from Lossiemouth when my daughter lived there, but we'll not be left without surely as in part at least, they are being replaced by those F-35s.

Just to add, I'm not that sorry we will no longer be bombing the poop out of fighter and civilian alike in Syria. Time to bring 'em home, time to mind our own business?

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@Minivanman  From forces News  Thumbs Up

Defence analysis group IHS Jane's said the RAF could be left with 127 combat jets by the end of the decade as 87 Tornados and the first tranche of 53 Typhoon jets are due to be retired.

Defence chiefs have already warned that the RAF’s fast jet fleet is stretched to the limit and the new analysis from IHS Jane’s warns it is “perverse” to cut numbers further.

The RAF’s 87 remaining Tornados and 53 tranche 1 Typhoons are scheduled to retire in 2019.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Do we know how long those replacement jets will be in service for, because it seems that pilots will find it physically if not mentally impossible (and I mean that in a respectful way) of flying anything more advanced - or am I wrong.

The expanding use of unmanned air systems such as Reapers and Predators would suggest that one day in the not to distant future 'fighter pilots' will be sat in front of a screen rather than behind one.

It makes your head spin that's for sure, and I'm nowhere near to being a pilot of any description!  

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

I have no idea what the size of the Russian military force is in terms of numbers or weapons but it is many times more than we have, if Russia attacked us we would stand no chance and would rely on a number of other countries supporting us, equally those countries would rely on us supporting them should they be attacked.

The question then is what contribution do these countries make to defence ? I recall Trump complaining that not all countries reached the agree contribution in terms of defence spending so where does the UK stand in terms of % of money spent on defence when compared with other countries ?

I do not support any cuts in the military but simply want to make the point that all countries should make a equal contribution

Community Veteran
Fixes: 34

Well if you want to get an idea of how well the Russians fight, just wait till the World Cup starts! I have a horrible feeling that the welcome isn't going to be that warm.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@gleneagles Russia has 806 fighter jets Wink as in 2017 and we may end up with 127 Buck2

https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=russia

Community Veteran

The Brass want their new toys.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

You mean those over expensive things that don't work properly ?

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Lots of Russian planes, but as bad as the  RAF/Luftwaffe ratio in WW2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gleneagles wrote:

I have no idea what the size of the Russian military force is in terms of numbers or weapons but it is many times more than we have,

?Huh

If you have ‘no idea what the size of the Russian military force is’ then how come you know that it is ‘many times more than we have,?’or maybe you are talking out of your [-Censored-] sphincter...

Anonymous
Not applicable

If only I believed this was a real reduction in our ability to maim and kill other human beings, I would be celebrating. Sadly I suspect it is just that it is more cost effective to have British pilots kill innocent foreigners while sitt8ng in a container in Lincolnshire than it is to send 5hem abroad to do it.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Unfortunately we do not live in Utopia .

And as such we need to be able to defend ourselves against people who wish to do us Harm .

And the members of the forces who die in conflict do so so people like yourself can post here freely