cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is 12 mths since this Forum provided me with my lovely Holly!

jmd
Grafter

It is 12 mths since this Forum provided me with my lovely Holly!

Just over 12 mths ago I put a rant on this Forum about how Dog Rescues would not let you have one of their dogs unless you had experience of having a dog.  And Poppy/Sandra contacted me me and through that I acquired Holly the Cairn and brought her home 12 mths tomorrow!
I am happy to say that the 12 mths has brought some good times with my little dog and  so I am so glad I posted that rant!
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: It is 12 mths since this Forum provided me with my lovely Holly!

Glad things are going well Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

Happy anniversary Josie Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
N/A

Yes, Josie is well and truly 'owned' by Holly. The little Cairn has her mum firmly wrapped around her little paw.
When you see her now she is a different little dog from a year ago - she must think that she has died and gone to heaven!
Smiley
jmd
Grafter

I forgot to say that nt only did my rant get me Holly, but I also acquired a new friend - Sandra!  along with her Cairns,  friends for Holly.  We regularly meet up for walks at Langold etc. Smiley
Community Veteran

Thanks for a good news story  Grin
I think the dog rescue societies are wonderful in the main - even if some may ask for previous experience - not sure why myself !.
My Mum was involved with Scottie rescue and it gave her much joy too to see dogs lives transformed  Smiley
hope you have many years of fun together
N/A

It's such a shame that dogs in general often get a bad press because they bring so much companionship and joy.
Also, it is proven that there are health benefits to dog owning.
BTW, I did say that Holly was spoiled silly - she's even having a first anniversary party this afternoon! It'll be quite chaotic with probably 6 Cairns and an Irish Terrier.  Crazy
jmd
Grafter

Holl'sparty was not too chaotic - the dogs all got on fairly well together and played.  I think Holly enjoyed having her guests.  Sandra  brought 3 of her dogs.  Could not get photo of them all as they would not keep still! Smiley