cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your council ready for a zombie attack?

Fixes: 125

Is your council ready for a zombie attack?

Leicester City Council 'not ready' for zombie attack
A worried member of the public has forced Leicester City Council to admit it is unprepared for a zombie invasion.

"To you it might seem frivolous and a waste of time... but to different people it actually means something," said Ms Wyeth.

Having watched quite a few zombie films I should imagine all you need to do is run fast. I've never understood how a zombie, walking slowly, arms out-stretched always manages to catch up with the human - even when in a car  Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

19 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Is your council ready for a zombie attack?

What a waste of money.  The individual should be charged for wasting council time and money Angry
phil4
Grafter

Or perhaps taken away in a straight jacket and "cured" of his mental illness with some electroshock therapy.  What a twit.
hadden
Grafter

However... maybe they asked too late?
How often do you see a council moving anything other than slowly  Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Actually considering the US government itself has now started preparing and advising for just such an event (and we always follow in their shoes) I'm actually surprised that more people haven't become concerned about the speed of their councils reacting to this.
I must put in an FOI request to my local.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Guess most people out of work or living on a basic wage will be well annoyed when reading stuff like this.
Program on TV the other day showing some kids in Scotland living in flats where the walls were damp and the plasterboard was hanging from the ceiling. Life expectancy for these kids is 10 years less than for those brought up in average family. So when these councils are squandering money (our money) they need to bear in mind what other useful things it could be used for.
Community Veteran

@gleneagles, whilst I agree with you this was a FOI request so I don't think the council were to blame. 
cluker

As I walked to work this morning it was early enough that the streets were absolutely dead. Made me think that's probably what it would be like in the event of a zombie apocalypse :-)
Community Veteran

Looks like another PN member on the forums.  Welcome clucker Smiley Smiley
With your username you will be at home in the ducks thread Wink Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I often see Zombies walking across London Bridge between 7am and 9 pm on weekdays. There seems to be a constant flood of these poor creatures all heading in the same direction.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

"Zombie fans invade 'unprepared' Leicester" - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-13823427  Shocked
CapNcaveman
Grafter

And so last night on bbc.co.uk/iplayer I watched Goerge Ramaro's Day of the Dead, I also have a saved favourite on youtube about 'classified' and one part a senator says  'flesh eating......oh jeezuz....(long pause) classifed'!
Oh to be working for the almighty!!
Community Veteran

There was quite a good bit on Radio 4 about this on Saturday (all be it  inaccurate and badly reported, but hey it's a comedy show)  They did make the point that the national newspapers send out hundreds of FOI requests every week, to every local authority in the country.  Each authority is legally bound to respond, however trivial or unreasonable the request (even if the response is, "we're not going to tell you").
Every authority employs officers whose sole job is to spend all day responding to FOI requests.  That costs us, the tax payers, billions of pounds. They even get FOI requests on how many FOI requests they've had.  Admittedly some are relatively sensible, and I wouldn't argue with the public's right to know, but the FOI Act is a lazy journalists' charter.  They just sit in their armchairs firing off hundreds of emails to every authority in the country asking spurious questions in the hope that for every couple of hundred they send out, they may get one story that they can sell.  And having found a bandwagon they then jump on it for all they're worth.  (Take RIPA as a very badly reported example)
Crazy
CapNcaveman
Grafter

@ Hulls
Oh what a wonderful democracy we have !! haha  Grin
And without FOI we'd been in the dark about of alot of underhand tactics that our 'leaders' do...or don't do  Wink
Community Veteran

Absolutely CapNcaveman. I'm in favour of FOI in  principal. I'm just not in favour of some uses of it.  There are always people who will take a freedom and abuse it.