cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your boss a psychopath?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Is your boss a psychopath?

Here's a quick test for the PN staff to apply to their bosses.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
9 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Is your boss a psychopath?

My boss is me so a test is unnecessary to confirm my state of mind Crazy
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

My last boss was a raging psycho without a doubt. Ex army, had a problem with everyone over the most trivial thing, loved shouting and swearing, belittling people over anything etc. Real nasty piece of work he was. Pretty much every day he was threatening to get someone sacked and it you weren't getting abusive phone calls at home on your day off then it was on your working day while you were fast asleep in bed.
Really nasty bloke. I wouldn't wish him on anyone.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 121

During my working time I was quite lucky with my bosses. Maybe it was my own easy-going nature Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pin2011
Grafter

Psychopaths are great bullies -- they feel no remorse or guilt about what they've done
Well that just about sums it up for my experience of 'bosses', 'managers' or anyone else in the elevated position of management. Mr Sugar gets my vote as the most suited for this description.
Community Veteran

They say it takes 2 to tango and maybe the employee has some responsibility in the employer/employee relationship. It's not always as one sided as you paint it.
Community Veteran

Quote from: codfanglers
Psychopaths are great bullies -- they feel no remorse or guilt about what they've done
Mr Sugar gets my vote as the most suited for this description.

I thought the same thing about him for many years. The show is based on the principle that someone will get a good yelling at, belittled, made to feel an idiot and then fired in front of the whole nation whilst being made to look a disgrace. The stupid thing is that Alan knows all except 1 will be fired so he knows full well that he will be able to shout at people every week. What is the point? The bloke is a screw loose yet thousands of people tune in to watch it. That says something about the nation doesn't it?.
As for artmo, he's clearly never suffered a harsh life and thinks the rest of us bring it on ourselves for entertainment or something  Roll eyes
Fixes: 121

While I accept that some bosses/managers/supervisors overstep the mark and/or their authority I don't see them as being someone you necessarily need to like. They must command respect to keep their authority. Many of the times I've seen bosses befriend the staff under them respect seems to get lost and chaos has ensued.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Firstly, Sugar himself does not like the image portrayed of him in the programme  and did try to change it.
As for him as an employer, a documentary on him whilst he still owned Amstad, showed him as a hard taskmaster but one respected by his staff.  Surprisingly many of his staff had worked for him for many years.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
While I accept that some bosses/managers/supervisors overstep the mark and/or their authority I don't see them as being someone you necessarily need to like.

No neither do I but I do think that they should be respectful to their staff instead of making threats of being fired, shouting, using profanity etc towards their staff every day. There is no need for it at all. If you have a problem with someones work speak to them about it in a sensible manner. No need to go gung-ho against them on an all out crusade to bully them.