Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your Alexa listening?

idonno
Pro
Fixes: 1

Is your Alexa listening?

I wonder who else is listening? Google, Amazon and Apple staff certainly are according to this news article..  And you thought you were being paranoid every time an ad popped up, not longer after you'd been talking about it.

Sure I'd love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
4 REPLIES 4
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Re: Is your Alexa listening?

Courtesy of one paid for by Panasonic because of 'issues' with my television (see 'First Channel 4, and now Channel 5' topic) I have now connected one of those smart sticks so seriously, should I be worried?

Amazing little thing I must say, it even managed to pronounce the 'difficult for some' name of our village when I asked it for the weather forcast. Might try asking Alexa to name that one in north Wales which has 59 characters and 19 syllables.

Could be fun.Smiley

PS. Channels four and five on demand up and running.

Highlighted
Fixes: 477

@idonno wrote:

And you thought you were being paranoid every time an ad popped up, not longer after you'd been talking about it.

Yeah, that's probably because you were googling it at the time. If you read the full bloomberg report there is no way apple can tie the recordings to an account and amazon say similar.

How people didn't think that would be reviewed is beyond me, it's how the software is improved.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

IMG_20190501_0001_NEW.jpg

Courtesy Private Eye

John_Hull
Rising Star