cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this where the BBC could save money

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Is this where the BBC could save money

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/liberaldemocrats/11713832/BBC-journalists-to-outnumber-Libe...
Liberal Democrat MPs are set to be out-numbered by journalists from the BBC at this party's conference in September by a ratio of 25 to one.
The LibDems said that 200 BBC staff have registered to cover the four day conference in September, despite the party having just eight MPs.
The number of journalists covering the conference in Bournemouth is set to be more than the 150 who were sent to cover the G8 conference in Lough Erne, Northern Ireland in 2013.
However the figure is fewer than the 270 BBC journalists who covered the World Cup in Brazil and the 200 BBC staff who went to the Glastonbury music festival last year.
It comes despite the BBC deciding to scale back dramatically its coverage of this year's Liberal Democrats' party conference to reflect the LibDems' diminished position after May's rout at the polls.
An ITN spokesman said the broadcaster was planning to send five journalists to cover the conference.
4 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Is this where the BBC could save money

I just read somewhere that the BBC is letting go hundreds of jobs to save money.
Edit link added : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33363225
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

A classic management ploy. On return from the Lib Dem conference 199 BBC employees find a letter awaiting them.. " Dear Sir/Madam , I regret to inform you that you need to clear your desk...."
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I recall some firms not even bothering with a letter, just a text to tell them they were redundant.
Others who turned up to find the place shut and outstanding wages not paid.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Lib Dems having just 8 MPs... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Serves them right for doing a deal with the devil and selling us all down the river.
Every time I hear about how few MPs they now have I can't help but feel a sense of satisfaction  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!