cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the cheapest ? ? and would you buy one ? ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Is this the cheapest ? ? and would you buy one ? ?

Our vacuum cleaner has broken... so thought I would look at B&Q`s offering, as they are literally , just around the corner.....
so in the search box.... vacuum cleaner ...... results show a choice of types... so, as our carpets have some "spots" on them... I wondered how much a "wet & dry" vacuum cleaner
would be.. clicked on the linky, and here it is. only £3.48 ...
you have to scroll down a bit to find it........
scroll down a bit further and the "upright" version is only ...... £5.39   or you can have the heavy duty version for ..... £13.98
http://search.diy.com/search?p=KK&srid=S8-UKLD01&lbc=diy&ts=custom&pw=vacuum%20cleaner&uid=41480224&...
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Re: Is this the cheapest ? ? and would you buy one ? ?

I'm not seeing those prices? Do you have a direct link to the product instead of the search page as the only item on the page you've linked that costs £3.48 is a brush.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Community Veteran

Roll eyes
They are all on the same page... you just need to scroll down a bit more... !  Cheesy Grin Grin
Fixes: 105

assume you're on about the brushes?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

That is what annoys me about searching on B&Q the other suggestions can be really silly which is what happened here
From the original search the suggested options include Wet Dry Vacuum which does what you want and Wet and Dry which is extremely silly as it isn't a subset of vacuum but a whole new search
WTF
Grafter

A few years ago, we got a vacuum from Tesco for £15.  Wasn't fantastic, but it did work - though it was a struggle finding bags for it.  It was only when the builders decided to use it that it died.
Community Veteran

Yes, OJ... that was the point of my posting !.... Yeah.. OK... by a stretch of the imagination... a brush, or broom, can be used... WET AND DRY to clean carpets... but it really does annoy me when this kind of thing happens in a search....
also,,.. when you get a type of machine as the first search result,.... and it is ( it seems) one of the most expensive of the products available... if you click on search terms... and choose "lowest price first".. then you get the internal parts listed from a simple clip at ( say )  £0.45p  and it takes another 4 or 5 pages to get to the cheapest actual product on the site...
Community Veteran

I have found that their search usually requires a fair amount of searching.
Which to some extent defeats its purpose.