cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this one way of reducing speed complaints

Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Is this one way of reducing speed complaints

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/vodafone-uk-refresh-home-broadband-add-speed-guarantee...

National ISP Vodafone has today announced that they are refreshing their range of fixed line home broadband packages, which among other things will see their old copper line ADSL packages being “retired” and the introduction of a minimum speed guarantee on their FTTC “fibre” services.

The new “Ultimate Speed Guarantee” means that customers who take the UK operator’s revised Superfast 1 (up to 38Mbps) or Superfast 2 (up to 76Mbps) packages, which use Fibre-to-the-Cabinet (FTTC / VDSL2) technology, will benefit from a guaranteed minimum speed of 25Mbps and 55Mbps respectively (“sync speeds” to the router, not over wifi etc.). If they fail to deliver on speed, customers will be given a 15% discount (one per month until the issue is fixed), which can be claimed via the Vodafone HBB app.

Of course if you can't get fibre - tough

4 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Is this one way of reducing speed complaints

If they fail to deliver on speed, customers will be given a 15% discount (one per month until the issue is fixed),

Sounds good Thumbs Up

BUT

If a customer’s speed is below the 25Mbps threshold we will still accept the order, but we won’t apply the discount automatically 

so basically if you cant get 25Mbps from the start you dont get any discount Crazy2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Nope

From the link

UPDATE 11:52am

One of our readers asked what happens if a new line is estimated to deliver below the minimum of 25Mbps. We were told this: “If a customer’s speed is below the 25Mbps threshold we will still accept the order, but we won’t apply the discount automatically – this is because the speeds from Openreach are estimates. As soon as the customer is up and running (and out of their 10 day stabilisation period), assuming their speed is below the 25Mbps threshold, they will be able to claim the discount via the Vodafone Home Broadband app.”

I note that they are still promoting the 10 day stabilising period Crazy2 but it only delays things slightly

Luzern
All Star
Fixes: 3

Am I right in believing that MGALS as practiced by BT resellers allows hand back to ADSL? Cost reduction then would be, I think be greater.

I have a suspicion that twhat Voda is offering may we worthy of some caveat emptor consideration.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I assume any speed testing will be like virgins.

Tested on the suppliers side not the customers.